Sr Database Engineer
The Walt Disney Company
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
OneID is a platform of services that enables a consistent cross-segment set of technologies for collecting guest data that is compliant with legal rules, approved by branding teams, and delivers CRM to the business. OneID offers a single account creation and management experience for all guests interacting with The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) Enterprise-wide.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Database Engineer to play a key role in developing data solutions. You will leverage your database development background, industry experience, and your passion for new technologies and platforms to make a significant impact developing the next-generation of applications and services for some of the most successful brands in the media and entertainment business.
Your role is to design, develop, and implement web-scale database systems. Your specialty will be writing stored procedures and other database objects, using data modeling tools, and designing and optimizing databases. You must have a thorough understanding of relational databases and NoSQL databases. You are the Microsoft SQL Server expert whose responsibilities might include supporting and securing critical information systems and providing reliable data that can be used in business-specific software solutions. You will be involved in data migration to AWS cloud databases. You will participate in a wide-range of challenging software development projects, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment as part of agile development teams, working alongside other talented engineers who share your passion in this space.
You will participate in a wide-range of challenging software development projects, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment as part of agile development teams, working alongside other talented engineers who share your passion in this space.
- 7+ years of database development experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- 3+ years of database development experience using AWS Cloud databases.
- Solid experience building and tuning stored procedures, views, tables and other database objects for a web-scale environment.
- Strong understanding of internet protocols and technologies
- Experience with NoSQL data storage technologies DynamoDB/Mongo/Cassandra- long run is AWS Cloud Databases
- Experience working collaboratively using agile software development process
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, curious, responsible and flexible
- Tuning and automation are a plus.
- Red Gate
- Understanding of AWS technologies
- Experience working in a complex matrixed environment
- Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Key Competencies: Process ownership; deals well with ambiguity, functions well and able to clearly define processes in loosely structured situations; comfortable with following up actions from others
- Previous experience in internet commerce, electronics or consumer goods environment or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus
- Previous experience in internal products and automation tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.