Sr. Data Quality Analyst
The Walt Disney Company
Disney Technology and International (DTCI) is a newly created segment of the Walt Disney Company that is building out an Enterprise Consumer Data Platform, eCDP, which will be leveraged across the company to better understand our consumers’ activity across the various segments and provide a more personalized marketing experience. The Consumer Identity and Data Platforms (CIDP) department has a Data Governance organization of which Data Quality is a critical and highly visible function.
The Disney Technology and International (DTCI) segment of the Walt Disney Company is seeking a Senior-Level Data Quality Analyst to support the Data Quality Management function of Data Governance across the Customer Identity and Data Platforms (CIDP) organization. This role requires a background in data management and data quality in a data warehousing, business intelligence, and/or analytics environment. This is a business-facing role, which requires a significant level of interaction with both technical and business stakeholders at multiple levels, as well as several IT constituents and data owners.
- Participate in Data Governance program activities and processes to include Data Quality Management (primary), Data Stewardship (supporting), and Metadata Management (supporting).
- Perform on-going data profiling and data quality activities to include deep dive analysis on large datasets and complex data flows across multiple enterprise applications to include the Enterprise Permissions Center (EPC), Enterprise Data Platform (EDP), legacy Athena (Online registrations and login data), and the Enterprise Consumer Data Platform (eCDP).
- Define data quality requirements; evaluate and identify where system enhancements are required to address data quality issues; e.g., code fixes, source system changes, etc. Define business rules and exception handling processes as needed.
- Design reports on Data Quality for all levels of audiences and stakeholders.
- Drive data quality issue resolution and collaboration with data providers, data stewards, and recipients to include: DQ improvement plans, communications, and tasks required for CIDP DQ initiatives.
- Support automation opportunities for Data Quality improvement processes.
- Provide a high level of data quality awareness across multiple staff profiles engineering managers, product managers, product owners, and engineers.
- B.S. MIS, Computer Science, or other related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in Data Quality Management projects
- Understanding of Data Management Principles and Data Quality Improvement
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing architecture
- Experience in the following:
- Defining Data Quality assessments, remediation, and continuous improvement plans
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse architecture principles
- Root cause analysis
- Data Story Telling
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) to all staff levels and possess ability to deliver information tactfully. Ability to work with internal teams and external vendor teams
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask according to project priorities and with complex requirements and aggressive timelines.
- Data Quality certification IQCP, CIMP
- Experience with Data Quality Products such as Informatica IDQ.
- Tableau Reporting
- Experience with complex process analysis and technical implementations of data solutions
- Knowledge of agile SDLC methodologies
- Possesses understanding of customer behavior analysis and customer data integration
- Experience with Metadata tools; e.g., Collibra, Informatica Axon/EDC.
- Knowledge of Big Data architecture
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.