Sr Data Engineer
The Walt Disney Company
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The enterprise Consumer Data Platform (eCDP) team is part of the Enterprise Tech that is focused on providing large-scale data platform solutions in a shared services model to support enterprise data needs of The Walt Disney Corporation such as Data Analytics & BI, Data Driven Advertising & Marketing, Personalization, etc.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be designing, building and supporting data pipelines consuming data from multiple different source systems and transforming it into valuable and insightful information. You will have the opportunity to contribute to end-to-end platform design for our cloud architecture and work multi-functionally with operations, data science and the business segments to build batch and real-time data solutions.
The role will be part of a team supporting our Corporate and Segment business lines, including Networks (ABC and ESPN) Studios (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm), Parks & Resorts and Disney Consumer Products & Interactive.
- Design, build, test and support data pipelines across multiple systems and environments
- Create unified enterprise data models for analytics and reporting
- Participate in evaluation of new technologies and cloud services
- As part of Agile development team contribute to architecture, tools and development process improvements
- Work in close collaboration with product management, peer system and software engineering teams to clarify requirements and translate them into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture
- Working experience with at least one relational, analytical or columnar database (5+ years)
- Proficiency in Hadoop ecosystem, experience writing MapReduce, Hive or Spark jobs (3+ years)
- Experience developing data intensive applications in Java or Python (5+ years)
- Experience with data integration tools such as Informatica, Talend, etc. (3+ years)
- Proficiency in SQL, data modeling, and data warehousing
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Exposure to cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Working knowledge of Git
- Confident Linux user
- Understanding of Scrum / Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or Google Pub/Sub
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau etc.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework
- Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.