Senior Database Engineer, MySQL or Postgres
The Walt Disney Company
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH Media’s Database Engineering team is looking for talented Sr. Database Engineers of both MySQL and Postgres disciplines. You will play a key role in defining and executing our cloud database strategy. You will be responsible for developing database automation, designing complex replication networks interfacing with data pipelines to moving data between disparate applications to support our Data Engineering and Data Science teams.
- Design/build/maintain different database solutions
- Partner with the engineering team to performance tune and enhance their apps
- Replication building on a global and multi-regional scale
- Build and support automation of database delivery in cloud environment
- Cross-functional data integration efforts, both upstream and downstream
- Coordinate with multiple data partners and stakeholders across the company to develop and optimize processes to meet growing business needs
- Passion for data and technology
- 5+ years of database engineering experience
- 3+ years of production experience in MySQL or Postgres database support, tuning and replication
- 1+ year of experience in AWS environment
- Strong SQL and data modeling background
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and Python
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Exposure to NoSQL databases such as Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as: Jenkins, Liquibase, Flyway, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.