Senior Data Analyst, People Insights
The Walt Disney Company
Imagine yourself as a Sr. Workforce Analyst in People Insights where your natural curiosity for problem solving will help ensure we are leveraging data effectively to drive decisions within Human Resources. In this role, you will be able to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through developing data and reporting solutions that support functions within HR and the business. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize the Company’s investment in our employees through complex analysis, creative resolutions and impactful solutions.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, “What's possible?” and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in everything you touch from operational reports through strategic analytics.
- Translate high-level business objectives into consistent, accurate, efficient and effective reporting solutions, primarily through creating SQL extracts out of a highly normalized database for our data visualization team.
- Leverage an array of technical applications and determine which is most appropriate for any given solution
- Work collaboratively with other team members to develop comprehensive scalable data solutions which support cross-functional needs
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding data, systems and the business
- Partner with the data operations team to identify areas of opportunity to effectively combine data from disparate sources
- Connect to and transform data using a consistent, sustainable approach
- Collaborate across boundaries to build and drive both internal and external partnerships to support synergistic opportunities, achievement of shared objectives, and connectivity of information
- Drive process improvement initiatives for client businesses to enhance visibility and accessibility to relevant information
- Identify areas of opportunity and influence across levels and business units to increase operational efficiency
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics
- You have deep technical knowledge and experience in conducting complex analysis using multiple data sources and a passion for attention to detail
- You are an abstract thinker with the ability to solve complex problems in creative, sustainable ways
- You have strong critical thinking skills and ask relevant questions to improve processes and build efficiencies
- You possess the talent for strong influencing and networking skills to help build and foster existing consultative relationships that drive synergy and partnership opportunities
- You can focus on the here and now while keeping a keen eye to the future and the organizational capability to prioritize work
- You have the exceptional ability to make timely and effective decisions to meet fluid deadlines
- You are proactive and self-motivated with the capability to work autonomously and make independent decisions to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
- You are passionate about continuous improvement with a strong desire to continue learning in order to stay relevant to business changes and industry trends
- You can effectively handle and maintain confidential information
- You are highly skilled in SQL with a thorough understanding of data and systems' infrastructures and how to best apply that knowledge when modeling your SQL extracts.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.