Data Quality Engineer
The Walt Disney Company
The Data Quality engineer provides continuous automated and manual testing of data sets for use in internal data systems and for delivery from internal systems to clients within Disney. Such data sets can be in several formats, depending on supplier systems and client requirements, including JSON, XML, CSV or RDF. The data quality engineer works in the data technology team with the senior staff data engineer and the data engineer.
The data quality engineer will write testing plans and routines, manage continuous integration and regression testing processes, and be the point person for clearing data for release according to delivery specifications. The technician must be able to function effectively in a high-volume, rapid delivery environment in which publicly available data must meet data, security and accessibility specifications without fail.
- Work with product managers and development leads to create testing strategies
- Work with data engineers to develop automated tests
- Design, monitor and maintain QA reports, KPIs & quality trends for the internal data systems
- Create test plans and test cases
- Execute and automate test cases, and perform bug tracking
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Knowledgeable about industry data compliance strategies and practices, such as continuous integration, regression testing and versioning.
- Familiarity with triple stores and related technologies such as RDF, SPARQL, SHACL and Linked
- Data is a strong plus.
- Ability to read/write SQL queries is a plus
- Experience working in a Big Data environment, dealing with large diverse data sets
- Familiarity with Python is a plus
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Systems or 2+ years’ experience with corporate data management systems in high-compliance contexts.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.