Sr Data Analyst
The Harrington Agency
Senior Data Analyst
REMOTE / FULL-TIME
We value your time and know this won’t be the only Career page you visit today. Therefore, we’ve put ud83dudca5’s next to some of the key ways we do things very differently than our competitors.
Who is The Harrington Agency?
We’re glad you asked! The Harrington Agency (THA) is a boutique, award-winning direct marketing agency providing fundraising services to some of the top nonprofits in the country.
We lead with our passion; we confirm with our heads, and we are fundraisers to the core. We work exclusively with progressive non-profits like the International Rescue Committee, Americares and GLAAD. We were founded because today’s donors are comfortable across all channels, but our peers still aren’t.
ud83dudca5 The Harrington Agency develops and executes wildly successful campaigns because our strategies focus on the donor first, not the channel. That’s just not possible for firms that silo digital from mail, social from text and donor communication from donor behavior.
What role would you play?
A crucial one. The Data and Analytics team provides in-depth, actionable, insights, to inform omni-channel marketing strategies for our clients. As a Senior Data Analyst at THA you’ll be on the forefront of data science, leading the next wave of data analysis that sits at the nexus of smart data and ML.
ud83dudca5 The emphasis we place on continuing education for our people is unparalleled. No person working here was born an integrated fundraiser, and we don’t expect you to be either.
What are this position’s core responsibilities?
· Work closely with team members to extract the most meaningful insights from an array of data sets and visualizations.
· Build and test analytical datasets, analyses, and reports, then distill the learnings into actionable recommendations.
· Ensure analyses and reports are accurate and updated as needed.
· Partner with members of the account team to analyze data to develop relevant and influential conclusions that address specific business questions.
· Use a variety of analytical tools (see below).
· Understand ETL processes.
What are the “must haves”?
· Mastery of Microsoft Excel.
· Mastery of Tableau.
· Fluency in other Microsoft Office tools: Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, is paramount.
· 5+ years applicable work experience.
· ud83dudca5 Demonstrated ability, both individually and managerially, to adhere to schedules, meet deadlines and set client expectations.
· SQL skills with a proven ability to manipulate large relational databases.
· An excellent understanding of the concept and applications of data-mining.
· ud83dudca5 Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complicated concepts to people without a technical background.
What is expected of all THA team members?
· Attend a minimum of two conferences, four continuing education webinars per year and present learnings three times and writing six blogs or articles throughout the year.
· Attend DEI trainings at least once per year.
· Consideration for differing points of view and understanding how your words and actions impact others.
· ud83dudca5 Drive to work collaboratively – means always doing what you say you will do.
· ud83dudca5 Comfort admitting what you don’t know and recognizing that seeking and receiving feedback is part of the learning process.
What is the Salary and are there Benefits?
· Compensation is $73,000 annually. THA is committed to compensation equity and transparency; we have a no negotiation policy. Successful staff at THA have regular opportunities for promotion with accompanying increases in compensation.
· THA provides full health care and dental coverage to you, your partner and children at no cost.
· THA offers a 401K for employees starting at six months with the company. ud83dudca5 Each month after THA contributes, irrespective of employee contributions, the equivalent to 3% of your salary to the 401K.
· THA offers its employees Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
· THA provides two weeks paid vacation in addition to 10 paid personal days.
What if I don’t meet some of the requirement?
Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
ud83dudca5 THA is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together, changing the world. We believe diversity is a strength, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more.
Currently this is a remote position. Some travel will be required to join in-person meetings periodically. Travel arrangements are made and paid for by THA.
Ok, you’ve gotten my attention, what’s my next step?
We are honored you’re interested and look forward to hearing from you. Which leaves just one thing left to do…