Business Intelligence Analyst
The George W. Bush Presidential Center
Located on the SMU campus in Dallas, Texas, the George W. Bush Presidential Center is a nonpartisan institution advancing the timeless values of freedom, opportunity, accountability, and compassion. The Bush Center comprises the George W. Bush Presidential Museum and the George W. Bush Institute, a solution-oriented policy organization focused on ensuring opportunity for all, strengthening democracy, and advancing free societies through policy solutions and public engagement. The Bush Center also houses the George W. Bush Presidential Library, operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, which provides access to official documents and artifacts from the George W. Bush Administration. Learn more about the Bush Center at bushcenter.org.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will develop and maintain tools to support the strategic and operational planning process for the George W. Bush Presidential Center. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Finance, Data Operations, and Communications and Marketing teams to systematically evaluate and connect multiple data sources.
- Gather, analyze, clean, and make recommendations using financial and non-financial data for strategic growth of the Bush Center.
- Create data visualization resources to be used by internal and external audiences.
- Analyze data – including but not limited to financial, web, social media, advertising, and attendance – interpret trends and patterns, provide recommendations, and forecast performance.
- Identify and drive best practices for consistent use of analytics to complement business decisions.
- Identify, recommend, and implement analytical tools and standards to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Create and deliver presentations for key stakeholders.
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to advance the business intelligence function.
- Support other functions of the organization as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other relevant field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with analyzing data and developing tools to be used for business reporting and forecasting.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify and develop comprehensive analysis tools.
- Strong data and analysis skills with meticulous attention to details and timelines.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Tableau and/or other data analysis and visualization software
- Ability to learn organization’s accounting software (Financial Edge).
- Working knowledge of APIs and data connection methods.
- Experience with Blackbaud/Financial Edge products, Shopify, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn a plus.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
Additionally, the qualified applicant will possess (a/an):
- The ability to multi-process on an on-going basis.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate to varying levels of staff
- Strong project management skills and the ability to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
The George W. Bush Presidential Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Position: Business Intelligence Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director, George W. Bush Presidential Museum
Department: Finance & Operations