Junior Database Administrator
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is a Fortune 1000 company and was named one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. Headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California, the Company operates more than 170 restaurants nationwide, is expanding internationally and employs over 33,000 staff members, of which 280 are located at the corporate support center.
Junior Database Administrator (Jr. DBA) position is a unique opportunity for an individual with prior experience seeking new challenges and broad database administration responsibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintenance and operational support of our entire portfolio of databases. Maintain reliability, stability and data integrity of the databases. Provide support in the administration, backup, integrity and security of various SQL databases. Responsible for database tasks from software upgrades and custom interfaces, to troubleshooting. Continually assess, improve, and optimize our current database environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Will work with Database Administrator and IT teams to ensure that Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) database maintenance tasks are performed as described by the Database Operations Guide including, but not limited to the following:
- Monitor performance of database systems resources and query throughput
- Optimize SQL Code as necessary
- Monitor and maintain database storage resources
- Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment, and database statistics
- SQL Server Installation, Upgrades, Migrations and Configuration
- Install database software service packs and cumulative updates as necessary
- Maintain database documentation as required
- Maintain and administer database security access
- Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores
- Trouble shoot and resolve database connectivity issues
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database configuration changes
- Follow Problem Management processes to troubleshoot and resolve recurring issues
- Proactively monitor and respond to MSSQL database Alerts.
- On-call requirements to ensure 24 x 7 support of database operations
- 2 years experience as a database administrator in SQL Server environment
- 2 year experience in Transact SQL, DTS, SSIS package development
- 1 years of SQL Server database development / programming
- Experience of administering SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 20008 databases
- Experience with Monitoring & Diagnostic tools
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and disk configurations
- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) or equivelant combination of education and experience.