Lead Data Analyst (SAS)
The American Institutes for Research
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking Lead Data Analysts (SAS) for our Washington, D.C. or Reston, VA office.
The Lead Data Analyst (SAS) will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the technical lead for the team on selected projects
- Oversee the design, construction and implementation of large-scale, complex files, using SAS, as well as the production of analyses, reports and other client data deliverables.
- Ensure that code adheres to the technical specifications provided by the project technical leads.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical leadership; serve as liaison between the team and project managers and clients.
- Interact with project managers and members of other analysis teams to confirm understanding of analysis requirements.
- Oversee the development of efficient code for the purpose of implementing project specifications. May also be responsible for code implementation on new or existing projects.
- Develop, test, document and maintain code libraries and applications in cooperation with other developers.
- Write data base queries, manipulate date and generate reports.
- Mentor junior data analysts
- Masters Degree in a mathematical, statistical, or computer science field, and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing large data sets utilizing SAS, WPS or other statistical analysis package.
- Knowledge of at least one other scripting language (e.g. R, Python)
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, SAS Proc SQL and the SAS MACRO language
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/8717/lead-data-analyst-%28sas%29/job. Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.