Sr. Programmer Analyst
The Allant Group
Allant is a rapidly growing marketing & advertising services company that supports Fortune 500 advertising clients and media firms including TV & online video publishers and distributors. With a 28 year old history of success, and industry leading client satisfaction rating, Allant offers technology, analytic, marketing and advertising professionals a career opportunity at the forefront of database marketing, interactive marketing and the future of TV advertising.
Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of Allant’s computer based applications for clients’ systems, which includes production support, system coding, testing, implementation and documentation. Additional functions include creating and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with internal and client staff, providing support, guidance, and technical strategy to achieve client objectives. Senior Programmer Analyst will manage multiple concurrent projects, efficiently and in line with account team and client priorities, as determined by account and department leadership.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with account team and client to understand business requirements and processing specifications.
- Gain an understanding of the client’s business and provide technical strategy and insight into solving their business problems.
- Translate requirements to design, recommend and guide technical solutions for client based systems.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and modify computer programs and systems to solve client and/or internal business needs.
- Author and maintain system documentation in compliance to accepted computer programming techniques and languages.
- Learn and adapt to new technical directions established by leadership. Research technological trends and initiatives, providing feedback to management.
- Provide estimates for development effort and formulates development plans as part of pre-sales activities.
- Act as a change agent by identifying and implementing program/system changes for improved quality and higher efficiency.
- Work in a team environment and establish productive user relationships, both client facing and internal.
- 5 or more years working in an IT environment.
- Formal experience with and training in application of logic and computer programming concepts.
- 3+ years as an Oracle developer with daily SQL use, intermediate to advanced knowledge desired.
- 2+ years of hands-on ETL experience.
- 2+ years working on a Linux/Unix platform.
- Perl experience not required, but preferred.
- Experience working with more than one computer operating system desired.
- Java experience preferred.
- Multi-channel database marketing experience preferred.
- Experience with Oracle analytic functions.
- Experience working with large (multi-Terabyte) databases.
- Experience optimizing SQL queries using explain plans and/or tkprof desired.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, Cognos, etc).
- Familiarity with campaign selection tools (Unica Affinium, Alterian, Aprimo, etc).
- College degree or equivalent work experience in computer programming, analysis, and design is required. Education should include both formal and work related experiences.
- Position located in Naperville, IL with minimal outside travel required. On-site daily presence is required.
Naperville, IL 60563