Software Engineer / Big Data
The Allant Group
Software Engineer – Big Data
Are you interested in taking part in the most disruptive technology in advertising? The ALLANT Group is bringing targeted advertising to television and video...want to be a part of it?
We want to talk with you if you are...
A highly skilled and motivated SOFTWARE ENGINEER interested in working in our Burlington, MA (Boston area) office and are thrilled at the challenge of bringing your ideas to the table and delivering innovative, high quality, scalable software.
This opportunity will offer the opportunity to:
- Understand the details behind all data flowing through our system
- Perform data jujitsu on a daily basis
- Play an integral role in improving and automating Allant’s ability to ingest and understand massive amounts of data.
- Write and test top quality code in an agile small team environment utilizing the latest in open source software.
- Review, repair, and improve existing code
- Work through code review, test, and release engineering to deliver high quality components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- 2-5+ years Relational Database Design/Programming (Oracle, Netezza, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- 1-3+ years developing in Java (Groovy is a plus)
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science (MS/PhD)
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Pig
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Passionate about usability and presentation of complex, high-volume analytics
Here’s a list of some of the current technologies we’re using:
- REST / XML / JSON
- Oracle, Netezza, Hadoop
- Tableau, QlikView, BIRT
- Maven, Subversion, JIRA, Eclipse
Burlington, MA 01803