Data and Analytics Specialist
Zillow is seeking an exceptional data junkie to join our growing business analytics team, which is responsible for deriving actionable insights from our terabytes of data. You will tackle some of Zillow’s highest priority problems and have a critical impact on our business.
You will collaborate closely with product management, development, marketing and sales to help improve key areas across the company including mobile, rentals, home shopping, revenue and strategy. Data is the lifeblood flowing through our product and company so this is a critical role with great growth opportunities.
- Analyze large, complex datasets to drive actionable insights and recommendations to improve our product and optimize monetization.
- Define, collect and develop key business metrics.
- Create insightful automated dashboards and data visualizations to track key metrics and trends.
- Develop and test analytic solutions to be used by internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with business intelligence on data warehouse requirements etc.
- Excellent data, analytic & problem-solving skills – ability to translate data into actionable insights which can be easily understood and utilized by the entire organization and external partners.
- Strong knowledge of SQL (preferably MS SQL) and Excel is essential.
- BS/MS required, preferably in a quantitative, technical field (Math, Engineering, Science etc.).
- Strong organizational skills – track issues and work with other parties to resolve issues.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop etc.) and data visualization (Tableau etc.) a plus.
- Statistical skills and experience using stats packages (R, SAS, SPSS etc.) a plus.
- Passionate about data and analytics.
- Overall, a highly driven, results-orientated, creative, intellectually curious, nimble problem solver, who uses technical data excellence and whatever it takes to deliver business value rapidly.
Seattle, WA 98101