ZL Technologies, based in San Jose, CA, is looking for high-caliber talent to help us in our business expansion.
Our technology helps large organizations manage their "BIG DATA", for purposes like:
- eDiscovery & Litigation
- Records & Information Lifecycle Management
- SEC/Regulatory Demands
- Internal Investigations
- Business Intelligence
- Protection of Sensitive Information
Our market, known as “Information Governance” or “BIG DATA Management”, is growing exponentially right now.
Culture-wise, we are a meritocracy, we make decisions quickly, we don’t like titles, and we focus on getting things done. We like mixing up functions, which means you can pick up different skills and find out quickly what you are good at, and, more importantly, what you love to do.
About This Position
ZL Technologies is seeking a talented back-end software engineers to join our team. As a core member of the development team, the candidate will design, develop, implement, test and deploy, back-end and server-side components for faster, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant systems that can ingest, store and process huge volumes of data in a Big Data fashion. This is a chance to work on latest ground breaking technologies in a highly motivated and fast growing team.
- Be a member of the core development team
- Design and develop back-end, server-side components
- Design, implement, test and deploy Big Data processing infrastructure
- Research and assess the viability of new processing and data storage technologies
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Write unit and performance tests to support continuous verification of correct system behavior
- Ability to reason price and performance tradeoffs
- Work with external partners on technical integrations
- Work with QA to assure top quality deliverables on-time
- Support usability and accessibility
- Bachelors in Computer Science / related field or equivalent work experience
- A focus on scaling horizontally rather than vertically
- Passion for and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A DevOps mindset toward test / deployment automation
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE Programming, Servlet, logging mechanisms and JSP, SQL, and JDBC query
- Knowledge of JS Frameworks like Bootstrap, JQuery, JSON, and DOM
- Understanding secure authorizations, OAuth integrations, OWASP library, and third party API integration a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- An understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Understanding of database, either traditional or NoSQL
- Understanding and experience with Java or C or C++ core platform programming techniques threading, memory management, parallel processing
- Experience working with unstructured content like documents and free flowing text
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Apply Test-Driven Development & Experience designing and implementing solutions through all phases of the SDLC lifecycle
- Works well with the business analysts and the development team members to ensure understanding of the requirements
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Experience with versioning tools, Maven/Ant and Configuration Management Practices
We value passion and ability over experience so we are willing to invest in a team member with a passion for learning.