Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The 130,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
- Maintain production and development databases and develop procedures for auditing all dba procedures.
- Coordinate design, development, testing, documenting and implementing test and production databases.
- Design and implement a backup and recovery plan for production and development environments.
- Tune the database to ensure optimal performance, identify index, trigger and stored procedure requirements and lead their development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of five years of database development/modeling experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) which includes experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum of five years of experience in administration of SQL Server production databases. Experience with database performance tuning, backup & recovery techniques, as well as, MS SQL development skills.
- Understanding of RDBMS design and theory. Strong grasp of MS SQL programming language.
- Understanding of all environmental factors that can impact operations of an RDBMS system (e.g., Operating System, Network, Server Hardware, Client system).
- Experience using database design tools such as ERWin, ER/Studio or Rational Rose.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of being business focused and technical focused.
- Excellent project Management skills.
- Ability to mentor/counsel.
- Time Management and Prioritizing.