Lead Analyst, Risk Modeling & Statistics
We didn’t become the worldwide leader in money movement services overnight. The employees of Western Union have been the backbone of our innovative spirit—and continued success—since our beginnings in 1851. And it’s a proud tradition that continues today with the next dedicated, enterprising individual that joins our team—hopefully, you. Right now, we are seeking a Lead Analyst, Risk Modeling & Statistics.
This position is responsible for providing support to enhance the overall global risk based programs of the Consumer Protection, Compliance & Ethics Office. The development and implementation of the risk assessment program is a priority for the company and requires not only strict attention to detail but also a keen ability to coordinate with other business areas to effectively deploy global initiatives.
This position will support the deployment of various risk models throughout CPCE and engage risk model stakeholders to resolve issues and program adoption. This position will also support the ongoing enhancement of risk models across the Global Risk Assessment & Systems group. This includes models and assessments associated with WU's organization, Agents, consumers, corridors, products, and geographies.
Furthermore, the position will play an analytical role in evolving models to be more dynamic and agile as inputs are fed into the process from other areas including but not limited to external and internal statistics, measures and demographics. Also contributes to the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures, and programs designed to minimize potential money laundering risk within the established strategies of the Department.
- Develop, test, and execute various risk model factors, modeling schema, and model processes in order to support broad risk assessment program.
- Work with Global Risk Assessment and System personnel to integrate risk model outcomes into group-wide processes and to integrate other CPCE processes into the risk models.
- Lead the development of a risk assessment program directed towards proactive modeling and control alignment.
- Strong ability to effectively present analytical data and model output to business users at the Director/VP level/Executive level.
- Strong quantitative analytical background with experience in applied statistics, data mining, or advanced mathematics.
- Experience with predictive modeling, statistical sampling and other stastical methods (e.g., k-means clustering, decision trees, linear / logistic regression, principal component analysis, association rules,etc).
- Strong experience with statistical modeling sofware is preferred (e.g. JMP, SAS, SPSS and R).
- Experience with SQL Server, DB2, or other relational databases and relational database programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess well developed interpersonal skills and be able to function well within in a team oriented environment.
- Prefer experience in compliance including knowledge and understanding of anti-money laundering acts, laws and regulations as well as anti-money laundering issues and trends.
- Fluency in English is required and other languages a plus for various global regions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to others in the department regarding Risk Modeling work.
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. Western Union offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. It all comes down to the relationships we've established over many years. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. And we share our consumers' cultures. We are a significant part of each other's lives. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and everything we stand for: Integrity. Partnership. Opportunity. Passion. Teamwork.