Responsible for managing a decision strategies function for a large business group or functional area. Evaluates, recommends and implements strategies for developing and utilizing technical resources to enable initiatives that predict, improve and measure business success. This requires a full understanding of business objectives and underlying drivers to embed them into data management processes. Responsibilities include working with clients to define issues and information needs and translating them into specific data requirements to support business initiatives and projects; determining the required capabilities, tools and data, leveraging/building multiple internal or external information sources; managing and prioritizing multiple complex projects and project teams; and maintaining necessary processes, controls and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity. Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies. Manages a team that includes senior consultants.
- 8+ years reporting and analytical experience and 3+ years management experience.
- 6+ years experience engaged in business data analysis and/or reporting projects
- 6+ years experience with Teradata; candidate should be able to demonstrate a command of fundamental database management system concepts, including views, indexes, and stored procedures
- 6+ years progressive experience writing procedural data analysis scripts/programs in at least one of the following: Teradata Macros/SPL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- 2+ years demonstrable experience developing reports/dashboards utilizing tools such as Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Oracle Business Intelligence, etc.
- Understanding of KPI s and various ways to track performance measures
- Experience creating and delivering manager-level summaries and presentations
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people with regards to data integration and analysis
- 10+ years reporting and analytical experience and 5+ years management experience
- Previous Wholesale experience and knowledge of Wells Fargo data and systems
- Self-starter with the experience and confidence to create net new analytics function and team which requires problem solving and determining how to move from development to superb customer delivery of end product that solves business needs