Software Architect (Fault Tolerant Systems, Web Services)
Wayfair is looking for an Architect for its Order Management System (OMS) team. We are building a PHP based, multi-node, highly scalable, fault tolerant enterprise OMS system to handle a very large volume of daily events. Wayfair’s OMS is a complex system that interfaces with many subsystems and is responsible for business workflows and integrations associated with Order Processing.
The ideal candidate should be able to architect and code large scale systems from the ground up and define all components from hardware to software, as well as sizing the solution to fit business needs. Candidates should have experience building or enhancing large scale distributed systems. More importantly you are still a hands-on “polyglot programmer”…
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years professional experience in software development.
- Experience designing systems that span multiple data centers
- Experience building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Built highly complex, large systems using any object oriented language (Java/C++/C#/PHP).
- Is comfortable at all layers of the stack i.e. all the way from the machine to the software application.
- Used messaging systems like Tibco, RabbitMQ or SQS to architect systems.
- A thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
- Experience working in Unix (Linux) environment.
- Experience designing systems with databases like MSSQL, MySQL or Oracle.
- Experience communicating with stake holders including business and technology teams.
- A strong sense of ownership, is detail-oriented and has demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or like field (required).
Nice to have:
- You are passionate about learning and applying new technologies to solve complex business problems.
- You reduce manual and operational work when designing and building complex systems.
- Experience developing software in an fast-paced agile environment.
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. Wayfair is privately held and has raised over $200 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners and HarbourVest Partners. The company owns and operates Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. Wayfair ended 2012 with over $600 million in revenue and currently employs over 1,200 employees in offices located in Boston (HQ), Utah (Customer Care & Distribution), Kentucky (Distribution), the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia.
Wayfair is #16 on the Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies, has previously been named Private Company of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, and selected by Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life. It's a great time to join and help build the next great ecommerce company!
Wayfair is located in the Back Bay section of Boston, MA.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Visit our Site: http://wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/therealwayfair
Check out some of the code we have opensourced on github: https://github.com/wayfair
Boston, MA 02115