Senior Software Engineer (C#, SQL, NoSQL)
Creative problem solving, integration with internally developed applications, and service-based protocols. The Product Availability team develops systems that aggregate, cleanse, and process, thousands of concurrent real-time feeds to provide time sensitive data to our internal and external clients, suppliers, and 3rd Party carriers. If you are up for a challenge, this is the team for you!
Our ideal engineer has a varied programming knowledge in both traditional SQL and NoSQL data technologies and experience in OO and script based programming languages.
An ideal candidate has:
- Expert: C# and SQL
- Experience in one or more object oriented programming languages
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics or related engineering field.
- Experience designing distributed or segmented processing systems
- SQL DB design skills, familiarity with NoSQL technologies
- Ability to learn, evaluate, and implement new technologies quickly
- Detail-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good attitude and sense of humor
Nice to haves (the more the better):
- Experience in an agile/continuous deployment environment
- Advanced Server-side troubleshooting skills
- Experience with eventually consistent architectures
- Experience with parallel processing libraries
- Experience with both Windows and UNIX platforms
- SQL performance tuning skills
- Experience with PHP
- A Masters degree
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. Wayfair is privately held and has raised over $200 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners and HarbourVest Partners. The company owns and operates Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. Wayfair ended 2012 with over $600 million in revenue and currently employs over 1,200 employees in offices located in Boston (HQ), Utah (Customer Care & Distribution), Kentucky (Distribution), the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia.
Wayfair is #16 on the Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies, has previously been named Private Company of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, and selected by Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life. It's a great time to join and help build the next great ecommerce company!
Wayfair is located in the Back Bay section of Boston, MA.
Visit our Site: http://wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/therealwayfair
Check out some of the code we have opensourced on github: https://github.com/wayfair
Boston, MA 02115