Analyst, Data Science
The Data Science group at Wayfair solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing Internet leader with millions of customers and complex business operations.
The mission of a Data Science analyst is to unlock deep learning from data in order to help guide the business – everything from tactical optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of statistics, technology, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets.
This role centers around learning how to improve our business by exploring and drawing insight from our trove of customer and clickstream data. This involves ad-hoc analysis, wrangling large amounts of data and translating quantitative findings into strategy recommendations.
We work with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets, making this an exciting opportunity to develop or further a career in business and big data analytics.
- Serving as a consultative partner to internal clients (i.e. marketing and site development) to develop analyses that lead to actionable recommendations which accelerate profitable growth
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including sales, product, customer, and clickstream databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Working with large, complex SQL databases
- Understanding and applying data mining techniques to generate deep insight and discover effective solutions to challenging problems
- Delivering presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data
- BA/BS, with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or other quantitative field
- 1-3 years experience in a quantitative business role
- Experience with Excel, SQL and data analysis software such as: R, SAS, STATA, SPSS etc.
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. The company owns and operates Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. Wayfair ended 2012 with over $600 million in revenue and currently employs over 1,200 employees in offices located in Boston (HQ), Utah (Customer Care & Distribution), Kentucky (Distribution), the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia.
Wayfair was named Private Company of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, and selected by Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life, and #16 on Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies. It's a great time to join and help build the next great ecommerce company!
Wayfair is located in the Back Bay section of Boston, MA.
Visit our Site: http://wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/therealwayfair
Boston, MA 02115