Walt Disney World Resort
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
The team is responsible for reviewing qualitative Guest data collected through in-person and Internet surveys. To streamline the data insight process, Coding Specialists will be using text analytics solutions to build queries that categorize the data automatically, or manual categorization methods. This work is done to give the voice of the Guest a quantitative value for further analysis. Reporting to the Coding Manager, each Specialist is responsible for building queries for multiple projects and types of data, with specific deadlines and deliverables.
To learn more about CIMA roles, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQiQKjxBtGs&index=6&list=PL09ihUIdeG3Pu1gkXJxzbK2c_f-MWhO9f
- Build taxonomies using Boolean operators and regular expressions in the SAS Contextual Analysis or SAS Visual Text Analytics environment
- Use contextual extraction and document classification approaches to categorizing data for automated text analytics solutions
- Partner with CI Analysts to deliver insights and advise on survey programming structure and questions
- Use SAS Enterprise Guide environment for extraction, transformation, and loading data (ETL)
- Analyze and build queries across multiple types of data including survey verbatims, social media posts, Guest correspondence, etc.
- Ensure data quality through sampling methodologies, and perform regular maintenance on existing queries as needed
- Demonstrated experience with Boolean, regular expressions, database querying, or text analytics software
- Demonstrated understanding of data science, including data collection and preparation, sampling, modeling, model deployment and model assessment.
- Strong grasp of English grammar, syntax, and phraseology, with the ability to construct linguistic taxonomies
- Candidates should have intellectual curiosity and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Candidates should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, complex business environment
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment
- Demonstrated problem solving, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with computer programming, SAS preferred
- Demonstrated experience using Confirmit or similar survey software
- Demonstrated experience with SPSS and Tableau
- Demonstrated experience with SAS Visual Analytics
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related analytics field
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.