Manager, Data Science
Waggener Edstrom, one of the world's largest independent integrated communications companies is seeking a Manager, Data Science for their Insights & Analytics team. You know how to harness the power of big data, statistics and data mining to glean insight that fuel solutions to our client’s hardest problems. You are passionate about working with huge datasets to extract meaningful business insights that inform predictive models and drive positive impact. You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity. You want to make a difference and play a large role in an innovative company and dynamic industry. You value partnering and collaborating with cross agency team members with diverse skills sets and expertise to create solutions that are deeply grounded in our client’s business context and help solve their hardest problems. You are the consummate storyteller with an innate ability to make the complex usable and consumable for diverse internal and external audiences.
The Manager, Data Science, possesses the unique blend of curiosity, creativity and statistical mastery combined with the proven ability to develop paths through ambiguous situations that produce high quality, actionable results. The Manager, Data Science possesses mastery in using systems thinking to frame-up and solve problems, and communicate complex ideas in simple ways. The Manager, Data Science has the ability to discover, blend, manipulate and create insights from a multitude of data sources.
As a strategic member of the senior I&A business leadership team, the person will help guide the evolution the business with the ultimate mission of delivering innovative and market differentiating insight & impact solutions.
This position can be based in either our Bellevue, WA or our Lake Oswego, OR office.
- Research, develop, and apply methods for measuring and analyzing the performance and ROI of marketing/communications
- Develop new algorithms and methods for optimizing marketing/communications performance and impact
- Design and develop new ways for modeling and predicting to answer targeted questions
- Use machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems in the marketing communications domain
- Analyze and extract key insights from Waggener Edstrom’s rich store of proprietary data
- Work closely with internal development team to deploy models seamlessly
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Serve as expert analytical data strategist for clients and internal partners
- Deliver market intelligence, statistics and actionable recommendations that are aligned to business objectives
- Contribute to data visualization and data storytelling techniques and best practices
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or similar quantitative field with a background in structured programming
- 7+ years work experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling, time series analysis, predictive modeling and customer segmentation
- Mastery of data mining, cleaning, and manipulation through use of appropriate software (SAS, R, or similar) and databases (SQL)
- Experience writing code in Python, Hadoop or equivalent scripting language
- Excel at visualizing complex data in a manner easily understood by a non-technical audience
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
- Demonstrate talent for systems thinking with the proven ability to work outside of core area of expertise
- Broad work experience with large data sets and demonstrated strong experimental design and analysis skills
- Ability to identify and understand business problems, draw conclusions from data and recommend actions on how best to solve these problems
- Limitless curiosity and analytical skills creatively tailored to meet the needs of each project
- Aptitude/experience managing & mentoring other statisticians and analysts
- Demonstrated self-direction
- Committed to self-development
Portland, OR 97035