Sr. DevOps Engineer
Here at Volume, we work with the best partners to make decentralized finance protocols valuable. We solve problems of protocol utility, governance and growth for the leading DeFi protocols. From our team effort, we are able to drive massive growth of user transactions and the launch of the protocol economy. If a protocol fails to attract user activity, token value falters and innovation will flow away from the network.
Volume delivers software tools and user experiences that increase protocol token utility and community engagement, measured by protocol transaction volume growth. The Volume team’s interests are the protocol interests: Growth of user transactions.
Volume successfully launched Sommelier’s first iteration as PeggyJV, bringing the Cosmos Ethereum bridge to market and resulted in Sommelier raising a total $25MM in funding to launch the first automated DeFi blockchain to manage Liquidity Provider capital on Ethereum via the Cosmos. Sommelier consists of the Cosmos Stargate SDK, its Tendermint-based consensus layer and a decentralized, bi-directional Ethereum bridge, managed by a global network of validators. Liquidity Providers (LPs) will be able to use Sommelier to author and execute complex, automated financial transactions, such as portfolio rebalancing, limit orders, as well as a host of other features that token holders have come to expect from centralized finance (CeFi), but that are not currently available in DeFi.
Our investors include Polychain Capital, Alameda Ventures, Standard Crypto and Multicoin.
We are always looking for individuals who desire a high impact, high visibility role within a company that is making crypto and decentralized protocols valuable.
As a DevOps Engineer on our Engineering team, you will have a chance to work across the full spectrum of our protocol architecture that is built around the Cosmos-SDK, built in Golang. Our software empowers Sommelier validators to secure the Sommelier network which offers financial automation globally. As an early employee you will be a critical part of our core team and have a significant influence over the direction of the company.
Working in Google Cloud, our DevOps Engineer will work as the administrator of our main data and data pipeline software. In this role, you will also be responsible for container deployments while setting up queries and helping identify tools that the team can use to access our data.
- Build deployment pipeline with Github CI (Actions)
- Work with deployment and troubleshooting of Docker and Cloud Run
- Set up and maintain blockchain nodes
- Administrate our main data and data pipeline software
- Collaborate with Development, Project Management, Security, and Product teams to coordinate safe, efficient releases
- Set up databases to collect and store data
- Responsible for container deployments
- Work with Cloud Build, Cloud Composer and Dataflow
- Work with splunk, Kibana, Prometheus and grafana to setup dashboard
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve our protocols
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- 3-7+ years managing production infrastructure as a sysadmin, infrastructure/DevOps engineer, SRE, or similar role
- Experience with Google Cloud, requiredDegree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, required.
- Expertise in cybersecurity
- Working knowledge of networking and configuration for virtual machines
- Experience managing large databases with complex queries
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience with Python (flask or Django apps), Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform (professional and/or educational), Makefiles, and bash scripting
- Motivated by a fast-paced, team environment
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills
- Interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Nice-to-have: Knowledge of blockchain infrastructure
Volume is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Volume is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization, or any other non-merit factors.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
$200,000 and up