Visit Grand Junction
About the Position:
As a Data Analyst with Visit Grand Junction, you will play a key role in formulating and applying statistical modeling to collect, analyze, interpret, and visualize data. Your work will yield actionable insights and optimize the team's destination marketing efforts.
About Visit Grand Junction:
Visit Grand Junction (Visit GJ), the Destination Marketing Organization, is a Department of the City of Grand Junction. Visit GJ is dedicated to marketing the Grand Junction area, outside of Mesa County, to attract year-round tourism, thereby providing for a sustainable and consistent economy and enhanced quality of life for residents. The team consists of dynamic individuals who are culture-focused, innovative, driven, and dedicated to supporting the travel and tourism industry while reaching departmental goals that serve the Grand Junction community and guests. The Department has evolved into a state-of-the-art marketing organization utilizing data science as its foundation.
What We Offer:
We know that a healthy and happy workforce is a thriving workforce, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports quality work-life balance including 32 days of paid annual leave to be used for holiday, personal, and/or sick days, health insurance options, employer-matched retirement, a City employee health clinic, wellness program, and an Employee Assistance Program. Of equal importance, we offer an opportunity to serve the community you love and live in. Our employees find their work rewarding and fulfilling, knowing that their day job makes a positive impact.
At the City of Grand Junction, we lead the way with continuous improvement, collaborative partnerships, and exemplary service. Our core values are demonstrated by our willingness to challenge the status quo, ability to work together using all areas of expertise to achieve a common goal, and commitment to fulfilling the needs of our community through thoughtful interactions.
What You'll Do:
- Mine data and measure performance of existing marketing campaigns using predictive analytics and statistical programming languages including A/B and multivariate testing; analyze, plan, monitor, and optimize data to enhance the performance of future campaigns to maximize performance outcomes.
- Develop strategies to enhance data availability, quality, and usefulness for decision making for earned, owned, and paid media to increase visitation and related sales and lodging tax revenue for the City of Grand Junction; interpret data using scientific methods to provide ongoing actionable insights and create high-level and in-depth reports and presentations.
- Manage the development of analytical tools, develop key performance indicators (KPI), and outcome metrics; identity, analyze, and interpret patterns in large, complex data sets; develop database queries using programming language tools to extract, transform, and load data for analytics and marketing campaign execution.
- Develop, create, and maintain Visit Grand Junction’s data platform and dashboards using data visualization platforms to facilitate fact-based internal staff communication, prioritization, and decision making; follow-up with staff, monitor actionable insights and discover operational improvement opportunities.
- Seek a comprehensive understanding of the Grand Junction visitor and analyze visitor engagements throughout the entire customer journey; offer new perspectives on the Grand Junction travel market, visitors, and the local tourism economy; make recommendations to improve destination brand engagement and drive visitation.
- Prioritize information and data needs of contractors, research methodologies, and assist with proper selection of contractors throughout the procurement process.
- Oversee department-specific and industry-wide research including visitor profile and economic impact research; develop first-party data and manage third-party app data.
- Prepare communications highlighting Visit Grand Junction's performance and insights to stakeholders, elected officials, Visit Grand Junction Advisory Board of Directors, and the public; translate data analytics into non-technical language and presentations that can be easily understood by external audiences.
- Proactively and regularly conduct market and competitor research, including KPIs, and provide regular updates and insights to support marketing strategies and business development.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in the dynamic field of data science, marketing, analytics, and data visualization platforms; seek out continuing education, certification, and training opportunities; stay current with market trends and continually improve strategies, tactics, and techniques; evaluate emerging technologies for destination marketing.
Click here to view the full job description for Data Analyst.
What We're Looking For:
- Two (2) years of professional experience in marketing and/or business analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or another quantitative field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado driver's license.
Explore the Area:
Grand Junction, Colorado is the gateway to the mountains and canyonlands of western Colorado and eastern Utah. Centrally located between Denver, CO (250 miles east) and Salt Lake City, UT (270 miles west), Grand Junction is surrounded by 1.2 million acres of public land. Residents enjoy world-class whitewater rafting on the Colorado and Green Rivers, golfing, fishing, skiing and snowboarding, and exploring mountain bike and hiking trails through the Colorado National Monument and the Grand Mesa National Forest. Grand Junction has a robust downtown and hosts multiple art, music, food, and market events annually. With a population of over 150,000 in Mesa County (65,000 within the City limits) we have many of the big town amenities without the big town stresses such as traffic and trail congestion. With an average of 245 days of sunshine, Grand Junction is the perfect place to work and play.
At the City of Grand Junction, we proudly operate as an Equal Opportunity Employer, purposely building an inclusive workforce representative of various cultures, perspectives, and experiences. We believe in respect for all and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and/or genetic information.
If you have questions or need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources office at 970.244.1512