Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
Victory Packaging is a full service packaging solutions company. We specialize in solving packaging problems and finding total cost reduction for our customers. With over 60 locations, 5 million square feet of warehouse space, and over 1400 employees, we are uniquely positioned to deliver the best service in our industry.
Our ongoing success is a direct result of the hard work, dedication, and commitment of every Victory Packaging employee. With this understanding, we offer a flexible, rewarding, and truly entrepreneurial working environment that encourages every employee to participate in helping make our business better.
Currently Victory Packaging has an opening for a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst in our BI & Analytics dept., located at our corporate headquarters in Houston, TX. This is a full time position with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain various business intelligence and reporting applications under direction of department management.
- Produce weekly/monthly as well as ad-hoc reports and perform analysis for different departments.
- Create custom queries to extract data from enterprise database and other data sources.
- Provide analytical support to optimize processes and improve efficiencies of different departments.
- Provides ad-hoc research and analytical support to business users. Research and resolve data discrepancies.
- Assist in gathering information, analyzing user requests, and translating the same to functional specs.
- Assists in prospecting and analyzing new business.
- Produce, update, and maintain documentation for available reports.
- Provide technical support and training to end users in using business intelligence/reporting tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience working with Information Builder products, mainly Developer Studio, Report Caster, and FOCUS/IBI4GL.
- 5+ years of experience working with MS Excel. Ability to write macros and VBA code is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write complex SQL statements and stored procedures.
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with AS400/iSeries (query interface), DB2, and MS SQL Server is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience with iWay Data Migrator or other ETL tool is a plus.
- Bachelors in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- The candidate must be able to pass background checks and get relevant US government security clearance.