Program Manager - Computer and Data Science
University of Wisconsin-Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning
The University of Wisconsin-Extension, CEOEL is currently seeking a Program Manager for Computer and Data Science. Through our Collaborative Program Model, the University of Wisconsin – Extension administers a number of interdisciplinary programs that combine curriculum, faculty, and academic support services from multiple campuses. Each collaborative program has a Program Manager who is the primary contact with the partner campuses. Each program is also supported through marketing, instructional design, media, and student services provided by CEOEL.
The Program Manager will work in concert with campus academic leads, faculty and other campus support staff at collaborating UW institutions to provide general administrative oversight and direction to these online programs and to other subject-related offerings. The Program Manager serves as a liaison to these campuses to establish systems, policies, procedures and business practices that support the collaborations and their effective operation. The Program Manager will also collaborate with internal team members in the development of marketing, recruitment, student services, and online courses that deliver curriculum and services consistent with the collaboration/authorization agreement, service objectives, partner needs, and operational goals of these programs.
The program manager will oversee two primary fully online collaborative offerings to include the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computing – Scheduled for implementation in fall 2017, this degree-completion program represents 61 credits (21 courses) focused primarily in the areas of computer programming and business information systems. The degree is designed to provide students with a foundation in computer systems, hardware and software while also teaching students how to apply this foundation to a specific computer-related career. This program is being developed and offered in collaboration with UW-Milwaukee, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Platteville, UW-River Falls, and UW-Stevens Point.
- Master of Science in Data Science – Launched in fall 2016, this graduate degree program focuses primarily on adult and nontraditional students who hold an undergraduate degree and have the desire to continue their education toward a graduate degree in this exciting new field. This degree is a fully online 36-credit (12 three-credit courses to include a capstone course) graduate program offered jointly by UW-Eau Claire, UW-Green Bay, UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior. Visit http://datasciencedegree.wisconsin.edu/ for more information.
- Provide comprehensive and ongoing oversight and management to an established array of subject area programs.
- Develop and monitor annual program goals/business objectives and associated timelines to ensure strategy and goal achievement.
- Participate in efforts with administrative personnel at the campuses to develop and maintain systems that align CEOEL program efforts with campus processes for admissions, transfers, degree and credit review, registration, and course scheduling.
- Monitor all program functions and report and program performance metrics in areas including, but not limited to, marketing, recruitment, curriculum, instruction, academic supports, student services, and student success.
- Closely monitor program growth, the effectiveness of marketing and recruitment strategies, and have routinely available up-to-date registration statistics, enrollment numbers, and budget snapshots.
- Continually seek out and identify opportunities for program and service improvement and lead the development of new subject area programs from concept through implementation and integration into the program array.
- Build strong, collaborative, interpersonal relationships and provide regular communication with program stakeholders to include CEOEL staff, designated partners and students
- Monitor program budgets and ensure that expense limits are not exceeded and revenue targets are met.
- Bachelors Degree in Data Science, Computer Science or related field
- Subject matter expertise in the program content area
- 3-5 years experience in project or program management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and commitment to clarity, simplicity, and transparency
- Excellent and flexible communication skills matching message to audience need
- Demonstrated skills and experience providing excellent service to others
- Excellent time management and project management skills; can effectively direct and integrate all aspects of a project or program, ensuring that work progresses toward achieving goals and objectives on time and on budget
- Able to use knowledge and understanding of climate to make decisions and take actions that satisfy diverse interests and contribute effectively to program and division goals
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Masters degree in a field related to data sciences or computer sciences
- Program management experience in higher education or other educational services setting
- Fundamental understanding of higher education
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
For consideration, complete applications must be submitted by February 10 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing the applicants qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include names, email, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references including at least one current or past supervisor.
Madison, WI 53719