Software Developer IV
University of Pittsburgh
Leads the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and maintenance of complex websites and software at an expert level. Provides leadership in documenting team development and maintenance efforts. Leads team efforts and assists in the process of integrating assigned work with other application/system components and designs and performs functional testing.
Leads the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and maintenance of complex websites and software at an expert level.
- Gathers or receives development requirements for assigned projects
- Uses subject matter expertise to work on diverse, highly complex tasks and develops new solutions for complex projects
- Completes all tasks independently, escalating only unique issues to a higher level
- Maintains websites and/or software to meet changing requirements, addresses potential security issues, and ensures continuing functionality to meet user needs
Provides leadership in documenting all development and maintenance efforts by the team.
- Maintains appropriate documentation to ensure sustainability of developed applications or systems
- Updates documentation to reflect changes
- Ensures that documentation is available to team members and others who may need to perform additional development or make modifications
Leads team efforts, assisting in the process of integrating assigned work with other application/system components, and performs other integrations as needed.
- Works with team members to integrate a website or software with other applications, systems, and services
- Troubleshoots and identifies integration problems in cooperation with others, including more experienced staff if necessary
- Provides expert guidance and support to website and software developers at all levels
- Resolves issues with contributed components that require modifications for integration with other components or into larger websites or software
Designs and performs functional testing.
- Designs and performs functionality testing on contributed components, including usability testing, to ensure proper functioning
- Documents test procedures to ensure that others can accurately test the website or software on an ongoing basis once it has been placed in production
- Revises test procedures and documentation as an application or system is modified to meet changing requirements in the future
The job duties outlined in this job description include common job responsibilities for this title and level of jobs and are not intended to cover every duty. The University reserves the right to assign other duties to employees that are not listed in this job description.
- Requires minimal supervision. Work is expected to be done autonomously.
- Python Proficiency: Demonstrated expertise in Python or a similar high-level programming language is essential for developing algorithms and backend logic.
- Azure DevOps Experience: Familiarity with Azure DevOps for CI/CD, project tracking, and version control to streamline software delivery and team collaboration.
- Database Management: Competence in database technologies like SQL databases for effectively storing, querying, and manipulating data.
- API Integration and Development: Experience in developing and integrating RESTful APIs or GraphQL to connect the application with other services and databases.
- Proficiency in image management and machine/deep learning related to pathology whole slide images is desirable.