Data Systems Manager
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Position #: 20031365
Salary Range: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: 07/19/2019
This position would entail coordinating transportation and safety data collection, data systems architecture design, data management and curation, data integration, data quality, and evaluation and analysis to help improve data and data systems in cities and states across the nation.
- Design and conduct data collection and analysis projects addressing road safety, including projects focused on the acquisition, management, and quality of crash, roadway, traffic, and other safety data sources. This may involve study conceptualization/design, data collection management, data analysis and modeling, data management and governance, data workflows and publication of findings.
- Manage project resources, supervise project activities, and maintain client/sponsor relations.
- Investigate innovative new data analysis approaches leveraging solutions such as Natural Language Procession (NLP) or Artificial Intelligence tools.
- Develop information systems that contribute to the safety research and policy agenda at both the state and national level.
- Develop and foster collaborations with other researchers and faculty on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus and partner institutions.
- Mentor and support the development of junior researchers at the Center.
A master's or PhD degree in an appropriate discipline is required, including (but not limited to), computer science, information science, information technology, data science, management information systems, geographic information systems (GIS), civil engineering, planning, or a related field.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for this position must have:
- Five or more years of data systems experience, preferably in the transportation field.
- Experience managing and curating data for sharing and online data analysis.
- Experience providing data for quantitative analysis, natural language processing and/or other artificial intelligence models.
- Experience working with clients and other stakeholders in defining data workflow requirements for data sharing and analysis.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with tools such as Python/R/Hadoop or other NoSQL databases.
- Experience obtaining funding and managing projects, transportation focused projects preferred.
- Experience working with federal, state, and/or local agencies.
Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 07/19/2019 to be considered. Please submit an online application for vacancy #20031365 to The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Human Resources at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/162171
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gfx45k232jpnb82t