Sr. Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst is primarily responsible for acting as a liaison between the business units and the technical team, translating business requirements into clear specification requirements for developers to use during development and for QA to use for test case writing. Strong communication and analysis skills are required along with the ability to work well with people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as the liaison for the business community and Technology Teams while working on project for the Florist Division.
- Works closely with the project business sponsors to develop vision and scope document, business requirements and functional requirements that support the strategic and tactical initiatives as driven by the business project priorities.
- Create modeling process flows to illustrate a business or system process for a particular project.
- Assist the business in identifying key operational benchmarks, trends, and time frames for monitoring. These metrics and monitoring time frames will be utilized in determining the project’s level of success.
- Utilizes project management skills such as creating a Business Analyst Work Plan to manage tasks using Microsoft Project, track and mitigate issues/risks associated to requirements, and communicate requirement status.
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings: agenda, meeting notes, managing conflict, parking lot, etc.
- Present solutions to business stakeholders and facilitate the iterative refinement of requirements while determining which functional requirements / features would benefit them the most.
- Ensure that development and QA teams have buy into the feasibility of the requirements during the requirements gathering phase. Works closely with QA team to assist in reviewing test cases and identify new cases supporting the testing process for strategic and tactical project.
- Implement high value projects within agreed upon timelines while ensuring that projects meet the business stated goals. Build complete, comprehensive estimates without oversights. Execute against estimates to within 10% accuracy.
- Supports the standards and procedures while working on projects to ensure the quality, consistency, and allow seamless transition of active projects during implementation.
- Ensures critical requests are handled in a quick, cost effective approach and provides solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Analyzes data, identifies opportunities, and makes recommendations to assist in business decision making or on-going monitoring of business issues.
- Assists business staff with problem analysis and problem resolution on the production-reporting, as well as fielding data and software related questions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; 5+ years Business Analyst experience; retail industry experience is a plus.
- Aptitude for technology combined with solid business experience and marketing practices.
- Understanding of financial terms and related reporting needs, accuracy, timeliness, data sourcing requirements.
- Must have working knowledge of reporting, analytical and statistical software and experience working with Microsoft products. (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, Snag It, etc.)
- Experience with eCommerce, payment processing, and vendor management.
- Possesses a blend of business and technical knowledge to be able to document the low level solution in a way that both business and Technology teams understand.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can perform the tasks associated to business relationship management.
- Ability to lead conversations, JAD sessions, or provide presentations.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and get things done in interdepartmentally in an effective, time-efficient manner.
- Ability to multitask and inter-coordinate projects.
- An ability to meet deadlines in a FAST-PACED, dynamic environment.
- Well-developed team management skills.
- The ability to participate and work as a team player.
- An ability to interact and develop relationships with all levels of management.
- A high attention to detail but also the ability to visualize the “big picture”.
- The desire to search out and identify areas for efficiency and cost-effectiveness improvement.
- The ability to remove roadblocks through creative problem solving, negotiation or conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written skills.
- Internal self-motivation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding and experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Data access/SQL programming skills a plus
- Agile project implementations is a plus