Data and Targeting Specialist
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
The UFCW Data and Analytics Department is seeking an experienced Data and Targeting Specialist. This position will play a vital role in supporting campaigns and other projects in coordination with the Organizing, Bargaining, Political, Communications, and Digital Departments.
The position will be in our Washington, DC office. The Data and Targeting Specialist will report to the Data and Analytics Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manipulates membership, organizing, voter, and other sources of data.
- Works in collaboration with other department staff to provide data, targeting, technological guidance, reporting, and other support for organizing, bargaining, legislative and/or electoral campaigns. This may include:
- Creating universes for political mail, canvass, and digital campaigns.
- Providing recommendations on targeting based on a combination of membership and voter file data.
- Providing reporting that holds the UFCW and its partners accountable to the goals that have been set.
- Supports, coordinates, and collaborates on projects and campaigns with staff from Organizing, Bargaining, Political, Communications, Digital, and other departments.
- Oversees UFCW’s VAN database as an admin, providing training and technical support for International and Local Union staff.
- As the VAN admin, will also manage user and security settings along with supporting projects in which VAN interacts with UFCW text and phone platforms.
- May work with vendors on system needs, data extraction, and other programmatic requirements to achieve project goals.
- This is not an exhausted list of responsibilities; candidate will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Sheets.
- Proficiency in SQL and constructing queries.
- Understanding of voter file data and electoral targeting.
- Experience utilizing and managing voter file and volunteer management platforms like VAN/VoteBuilder, preferably as an admin.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and troubleshoot code independently or through online sources.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and make accessible technical subjects to non-technical individuals both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and be detail oriented while handling multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting frequent deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service approach in providing technical support to staff and partners at various levels.
- Self-motivated and capable of taking action.
- Ability to work long and extended hours required.
- BA or BS in related field or equivalent work experience and 2 – 4 years of related experience.
The UFCW provides a very generous benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
- Life insurance provided with ability to purchase supplemental life insurance at favorable rates.
- Retirement Savings Account.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Pension plan.
- Dependent care reimbursement account program.
- Health care reimbursement account program.
- Transportation program benefits.
- Three weeks of paid vacation, 12 days of paid short-term sick leave, Extended Sick Leave program, paid parental leave.
- Prepaid Legal Plan (for DC/MD/VA only).
DURATION: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.