Data Scientist - Consumer Insights Manager
Uncommon Goods is fun, fast-paced e-commerce and catalog retailer offering creatively designed, high-quality merchandise. Our team consists of friendly, hard-working, big –thinking people who care about our impact on the environment and the world. Located in Brooklyn, NY, we are also a founding member of B Corporation, a carefully screened network of socially responsible business. We are looking for a creative and knowledgeable Data Scientist to join our growing Business Analytics department.
- Provide fact based recommendations and suggestions to drive business goals
- Use data science algorithms, technical skills and theoretical understanding to find hidden trends in data
- Suggest improvements for best website/customer experience
- Provide fact based forecasting and direct marketing recommendations
- Use creative methods to find, analyze and interpret Data for management
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related field of study
- 5-7 years of directly related experience in Data Scientist role
- Previous experience working in start-ups a plus
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Proven experience and working knowledge of R or Python
- Working knowledge of SQL and Java a plus
- Previous experience using Excel, GoogleAnalytics preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML, PHP, A/B Testing and MapReduce/Hadoop
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package, including health and dental insurance
- Stock options
- Casual work atmosphere
- Monthly Company snacks, lunches, and team events!
To apply, please submit:
- Your Resume.
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in being a Data Scientist at UncommonGoods.