Technology and Data Specialist
UFCW International Union
The UFCW Data and Analytics Department is seeking an experienced Technology and Data Specialist. This position supports UFCW’s organizing campaigns and programs with all available technology and data platforms/tools as well as offers training, guidance, and best practices to International and Local Union staff. The incumbent must be able to work with minimal supervision, demonstrate mastery of key technology platforms and exercise judgment in the prioritization of their responsibilities and their work within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the roll out and adoption of key technology platforms and processes deployed by the UFCW Data and Analytics Department to organizing campaigns, programs, and Regions across the country.
- Manages inquiries and triages requests that come from database users via email, phone, and in-product support.
- Ensures that all support requests are inputted into the system which allows for accurate reporting on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Trains Region and Local Union staff in utilizing technology tools to maximize organizing or program efforts and adopt new tech strategies.
- Works in close coordination with department management to evaluate usage and metrics of the data platforms and tools on assigned campaigns and programs.
- Assists in collecting product feedback from users and informing decisions regarding improved processes and product features.
- Applies data best practices with accuracy and efficiency in all our technology platforms.
- Creates reports and dashboards for assigned campaigns/programs both as a standard practice and ad-hoc.
- Balances competing priorities and provides timely responses to inquiries.
- Must develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization as well as representatives of external organizations and companies.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, in the UFCW’s discretion. UFCW employees function as a team and, occasionally, and on a temporary basis, employees may be required to perform tasks usually performed by others. This might occur if a team member is absent or unavailable to complete a project and the team is responsible for the deadline. Because employees are required to work as a team, you are required to step up and fill in for a team member who is absent or needs assistance from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Competent technical skills in popular organizing platforms and CRM’s such as Salesforce, A2P texting (Hustle, Prompt.io, GetThru, Spoke, Phone2Action), NGP VAN, relational organizing tools, Action Network/Builder, and Microsoft Suite.
- Salesforce administrator certification (or experience utilizing Salesforce Sales Cloud) is desirable but not required.
- Ability to learn new computer technology is required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively present information to UFCW’s staff and Local Union officers.
- Must have the ability to work with discretion and confidential information, handle sensitive situations and recognize when to refer to a higher level.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate strong attention to details.
- Must have strong analytical skills and make decisions to help users with new technology in user-friendly language.
- Experience in delivering new methods of training including remote/web-based training.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
- Long or irregular hours may be required, including nights and weekends is also necessary.
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented and confidential office environment. Must be able to engage in frequent overnight travel throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Bachelor’s Degree in Data Management, Data Science or related field or equivalent related experience and a minimum of 1 to 3 years of related technology and/or database management experience required.
The UFCW provides a very generous benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
- Life insurance provided with ability to purchase supplemental life insurance at favorable rates.
- Retirement Savings Account.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Pension plan.
- Dependent care reimbursement account program.
- Health care reimbursement account program.
- Transportation program benefits.
- Three weeks of paid vacation, 12 days of paid short-term sick leave, Extended Sick Leave program, paid parental leave.
- Prepaid Legal Plan (for DC/MD/VA only).
DURATION: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
We believe our success rests on recruiting and retaining a diverse staff. UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the state and federal laws.