Research Analyst - Tisch College-18001131
Research Analyst - Tisch College-18001131
This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
The Research Analyst will work with CIRCLE (The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement), a research-based think tank that studies how young people in the United States develop knowledge, skills and dispositions for effective democratic engagement. CIRCLE's work covers a broad range of disciplines and fields, from K-12 civic education, youth voting, youth organizing, youth and civic media, to community characteristics that promote civic development. CIRCLE currently works on major initiatives in partnership with organizations that focus on low-income youth. Although CIRCLE studies civic development and engagement of all youth, the central focus of its work is on expanding access to civic learning and engagement opportunities especially for marginalized youth from various backgrounds. CIRCLE is an influential force and a premier source of information —facts, trends, assessments, and practices—related to youth civic engagement. CIRCLE reaches both academic and practitioners audiences through both academic and popular media, including a large number of features in major news outlets. Founded in 2001, CIRCLE has been part of Tisch College since 2008 and CIRCLE staff are fully integrated into the organizational life of Tisch College and Tufts University, offering CIRCLE staff a number of opportunities to develop skills in and outside of research.
The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life prepares students in all fields of study for lifetimes of active citizenship, promotes new knowledge in the field, educates Tufts students and beyond for a life of active citizenship, and applies our research to evidence-based practice in our programs, community partnerships, and advocacy efforts. Tisch College's work is central to Tufts University's mission. Tisch College offers several opportunities to engage Tufts students in meaningful community building and other civic and political experiences, explore personal commitments to civic participation, and take on active and effective roles in public life and to engage faculty in expanded active citizenship research and teaching. Tisch College also seeks to influence higher education in the US and abroad to embrace active citizenship mainly through its work via Institute for Democracy in Higher Education.
The Research Analyst, in collaboration with a broad array of professionals, contributes to the development and execution of all phases of research & evaluation projects and technical assistance activities, including survey design, implementation, data preparation, analysis, data visualization and report preparation. The Research Analyst will work on multiple projects simultaneously and support CIRCLE's overall operation, and will support management of project timelines and deliverables.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated competencies in relevant skills.
- Proficiency using a statistical software package such as: SPSS, SAS, or STATA, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Keen attention to details and ability to manage multiple project deliverables and timelines.
- Passion for using research to achieve equity in civic learning opportunities through systemic changes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects.
- Knowledge of logic models, research design, statistical analysis (multivariate statistics), and qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Experience with graphic software, and in developing and maintaining data management systems.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet demanding timelines.
- Compose accurate and clearly written reports and documents.
- Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters.
- Gather and analyze available data and draw logical conclusions.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative working team relationships.
- Engage in proactive problem solving and critical thinking/analysis.
- Engage with diverse stakeholders of varied educational and professional backgrounds and perspectives.
- Expertise with data visualization software and/or website management.
- Direct experience with community engagement through community organizing, national service, etc..
- Direct experience with young people in diverse communities.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Tisch College
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Mar 15, 2018, 1:31:12 PM