Sr Data Analyst
The Walt Disney Studios
Are you curious, creative, and love data? Do you love to learn new things and collaborate to solve hard and interesting problems? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of breakthroughs in data and analytics, encouraged to discover, challenged to think bigger, and supported to learn new things personally and professionally? Do you love the challenge and excitement that comes with not knowing today, what problem you might be working on tomorrow? Do you thrive in a high paced environment? Do you want to “make a difference” with the work you do?
The Walt Disney Studios (TWDS) is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst, Consumer Behavior with a strong understanding of social metrics, sentiment analysis, and industry tools to generate a deep understanding of customer behavior and oversee the design, build, and testing of formulas for complex metrics/KPIs and analytics models to support the Disney Movies Anywhere team within the TWDS. This position will report to the Director of Analytics for TWDS. The goal of this team is to create a competitive advantage for TWDS using data.
As a trusted creator of premium entertainment experiences for the whole family, The Walt Disney Studios is committed to making it easier than ever for consumers to grow their digital movie libraries in a seamless and family-friendly experience. Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) is The Walt Disney Studios’ exclusive cloud-based digital movie service. This app for iOS, Android and Web experiences enables consumers to discover, purchase, manage, and watch movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars at home and on the go.
The Sr. Data Analyst, Consumer Behavior will possess a strong understanding of social metrics, sentiment analysis, and industry tools to generate macro level understanding of customer behavior. The role will analyze customer personas to design maps of the customer journeys both inside and outside the product.
- Analyze customer personas to design maps of the customer journeys both inside and outside the product
- Develop a deep understanding of engagement and retention drivers by persona/journey and provide insight on social conversation and sentiment.
- Build recommendations on effective customer journeys and provide product improvement opportunities that increase sales and adoption.
- Leverage social analytics tools such as Crimson Hexigon’s ForeSight to track, trend, and analyze consumer behaviors, expressed preferences, and response to media and marketing efforts of the Studio
- Actively mine social networks to recognize opportunity for amplification, crisis identification and response
- Provide optimization recommendations that drive KPIs established by product, marketing, operations, PR teams, and others
- Develop and deploy testing hypotheses and analyze test results, providing the necessary analytical rigor to ensure data quality, consistency, repeatability, and accuracy of insights
- Ask and answer the next question(s) after gathering and analyzing the data to make insights more powerful – not just delivering what was asked for!
- Apply data science skills to develop more advanced solutions that drive action in the business
- Desire to participate in an “Open Source” learning environment where sharing, documenting, teaching, and collaborating with others is the culture
- 5+ years experience analyzing massive sets of technical transactional data
- Experience with one of the following social listening tools: Sysomos, Brandwatch, netBase, Crimson Hexagon
- Experience constructing Boolean and SQL-based queries Advanced Excel skills for analysis, dashboarding, and data manipulation pivot tables, conditional statements, VLOOKUP, statistical packages, macros, correlations/regressions
- Experience querying Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Presto)
- Used Python or R for collecting, manipulating, analyzing and visualizing data
- Strong visualization skills (Tableau, D3, web apps)
- Experience collaborating with and articulating recommendations to sophisticated technical audiences
- Confidence to take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal documentation and process
- Ability to tell a story with data – What does the analysis tell you? What do you think the business should do next? Why do you think what is happening, is happening? Ability to influence others with the story of what you’re seeing in the data to make business recommendations
- Ability and desire to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines
This position is with ABC, Inc., an equal opportunity employer