SVP, Consumer Analytics & Insights
The Walt Disney Studios
For The Walt Disney Studios to transform into a truly modern entertainment company and compete highly dynamic and volatile global marketplace, we must put audiences at the center of everything we do. This transformation requires that we understand our audiences better than ever before and engage them in an integrated way across our brands, windows and platforms.
The newly created role of SVP, Consumer Analytics & Insights will enable the continued transformation of Walt Disney Studios into a consumer insights, data-driven organization. This is a highly strategic role that will work closely with business leaders across our Movie, Music and Stage Play businesses and industry-leading partners to strengthen analytics and insights capabilities and develop strategies to deepen consumer engagement. This new organization will require significant build out over the next few years and this leader will be at the center providing visionary leadership as well as tactical support as the team and its capabilities grow. This leader will also serve as the executive level liaison across the Film Studio, Music Label and Stage Play business.
The SVP Consumer Analytics & Insights is responsible for these key areas:
- Consumer Data and Analytics
- MPD, In-Home & Creative Research
- Theatrical Marketing Research
- Studio-wide Consumer Relationship Management (CRM)
To accomplish this transformation across our organization, it is critical that the function is headed by a leader that possesses that rare combination of technical acumen, business savvy and visionary leadership and collaboration skills.
- Build and lead a Studio-wide team for Consumer Insights, Analytics and CRM to deepen consumer engagement and optimize business performance
- Provide critical intel on our ever-changing consumer – demographic and psychographic composition, habits and interests of current and targeted audiences
- Translate business priorities into a strategy that creates a holistic view of our consumers to better inform decision making
- Mix analytics and storytelling to deliver inventive, fact-based strategies that help drive an increase in the effectiveness of marketing and distribution programs
- Evaluate data quality and data sources for continuous improvement, including emerging digital platforms
- Develop a KPI framework to support the evaluation and continuous improvement of analytics and CRM strategies to drive the greatest return on investment
- Work with studio leaders to deliver personalized offers and communications to current and targeted consumers through integrated CRM efforts
- Collaborate with Studio Technology to develop and maintain data management and sharing tools and platforms that provide decision-makers real-time data and insights
- Strengthen connections with external vendors, agencies, and third-party partners to improve access to consumer data
- Partner with segments across The Walt Disney Company to align data and consumer strategies
- 10 + years’ experience leading a complex multi-industry data and analytics organization with at least 5 years of experience specializing in marketing analytics
- Intellectually curious thought leader and inventive problem-solver
- Strategic thinker who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the data
- Proven experience leading and inspiring a high-performing team to support growth objectives.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization and with Consumer Data & Analytics leads across other segments
- Strong mathematical background, with experience in data mining, statistical analysis, test and learn plans, ROI and modeling
- Extensive knowledge of database marketing principles, database structure, direct marketing principles and best in class methodologies
- Experience leveraging data from a variety of direct to consumer channels; websites, social media platforms and data derived from B2B relationships with external partners (Theatrical Exhibiters, Retailers, and E-Commerce platforms) to maximize data inputs and enhance the consumer experience
- Working knowledge of social/digital listening strategies and ability to interpret the business insights derived from social listening platform
- Experience working in a cross functional center of excellence
- Ideally has obtained an advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, or economics. An MBA is preferred