The Walt Disney Studios
Are you curious, creative, and love data? Do you love to learn new things and collaborate to solve hard and interesting problems? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of breakthroughs in data and analytics, encouraged to discover, challenged to think bigger, and supported to learn new things personally and professionally? Do you love the challenge and excitement that comes with not knowing today, what problem you might be working on tomorrow? Do you thrive in a high paced environment? Do you want to “make a difference” with the work you do?
The Walt Disney Studios (TWDS) is seeking a Data Analyst to consolidate and analyze financial data taking into account project goals and ROI measures that support the Disney Movies Anywhere team within the TWDS. This position will report to the Director of Analytics for TWDS. The goal of this team is to create a competitive advantage for TWDS using data.
As a trusted creator of premium entertainment experiences for the whole family, The Walt Disney Studios is committed to making it easier than ever for consumers to grow their digital movie libraries in a seamless and family-friendly experience. Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) is The Walt Disney Studios’ exclusive cloud-based digital movie service. This app for iOS, Android and Web experiences enables consumers to discover, purchase, manage, and watch movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars at home and on the go.
The Data Analyst, Financials/ROI will test financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis. This role will develop analytics tools to identify trends, track/determine results by comparing to forecasts, and support overall financial goals. This individual will research and analyze financial information to help make informed decisions and monitor financial movements.
- Supporting near-term and long term financial forecasts for project. Primary focus will be to understand operational costs and identifying optimization opportunities across multiple functional areas.
- Understand project budget and track operational cost to ensure we accurately forecast costs.
- Drive cross-channel ROI analysis and present findings and recommendations
- Leverage analytical tools to understand and develop impactful opportunities that increase efficiency and generate increased sales opportunities.
- Create analytics frameworks and set best practices, including development of tools, reports, and dashboards
- Develop insightful presentations that summarize the data and facilitate future direction
- Perform financial scenario analysis to support strategic decision making
- Ask and answer the next question(s) after gathering and analyzing the data to make insights more powerful – not just delivering what was asked for!
- 2+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact.
- Strong Excel skills, Tableau preferable
- Proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on data.
- Ability to tell a story with data – What does the analysis tell you? What do you think the business should do next? Why do you think what is happening, is happening? Ability to influence others with the story of what you’re seeing in the data to make business recommendations
- Ability and desire to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines
- Desire to participate in an “Open Source” learning environment where sharing, documenting, teaching, and collaborating with others is the culture.
This position is with ABC, Inc.. an equal opportunity employer