The Allant Group
We are currently looking to fill a Programmer Analyst (Solution Developer) role in our Naperville office. Allant is a rapidly growing marketing & advertising services company that supports Fortune 1000 advertising clients and media firms including TV & online video publishers and distributors. Allant offers technology, analytic, marketing and advertising professionals a career opportunity at the forefront of database marketing, interactive marketing and the future of TV advertising.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on ETL and Oracle development to create Marketing and/or Business Intelligence database solutions.
- Collaborate with Technical Lead to understand solution design and processing specifications.
- Independently use Allant tools, ETL framework, and Oracle to develop solution per specifications.
- Design, document, and execute unit test cases.
- Author detailed process flow documentation.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to test and rework applicable solution components.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- 3+ years as an Oracle developer
- QL expert (2+ years of use in day-to-day job duties)
NOTE: Oracle PL/SQL is not heavily used and is not a requirement.
- 2+ years of hands-on heavy duty ETL experience.
- 2+ years working on a Linux/Unix platform
- 2+ years of Perl experience (or similar interpreted language like Python, PHP, Lisp, Ruby, etc.)
- Solid communication skills
- Solid writing skills
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Enjoy working with small IT teams (5-10 IT professionals)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related curriculums
- US Citizen (No H1B's)
- Working from home is not an option. Prefer applicants that live within a 45 minute commute.
- Must be interested in becoming a permanent employee.
- No travel required.
Preferred, but not required:
- Database Marketing Industry experience
- Familiarity with Oracle analytic functions
- Experience working with large (multi-Terabyte) databases
- Experience optimizing SQL queries using explain plans and/or tkprof
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Business Objects, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, Alterian, Cognos, etc.)
- Familiarity with Campaign segmentation and selection tools (e.g. Unica Affinium Campaign, Alterian, Aprimo,etc.)