Software Engineer II - Emerging Database Technologies
Design, code, and test enhancements for Teradata database software. Emphasis on this position is Java, Hadoop and Teradata database software. In particular the position requires knowledge of:
- Teradata features, in particular User Defined Types and User Defined Functions.
Write feature, design, and test specifications. Plan and manage large projects. Establish technical direction for complex Teradata feature development. Perform related requirements analysis, performance analysis, and problem analysis. Collaborate with other Engineers, Architects, Product Owners and Testers.
U.S. Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the foreign equivalent
The required skills for this position include:
- strong working knowledge of Java or C/C++ programming language and SQL (several years of experience or equivalent academic studies required)
- working knowledge of both Windows and UNIX operating systems is highly desirable
- thorough understanding of relational database logical and physical design concepts
- written and oral communication proficiency
- ability to work effectively in a team environment
- strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- ability to design effective test plans for new features
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- knowledge of software engineering practices and metrics
- Master’s degree in Computer Science with specialty in the database area.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Must know relational database concepts, proficient in basic SQL and other programming languages.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Strong in Java, C/C++, programming languages as well as SQL and various database concepts and internals
- 1-2 years’ experience with Hadoop.
San Diego, CA 92127