Vice President of Insights and Analytics
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and in life from cradle to career, regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code or circumstance. We refuse to settle for a world where a child’s potential is dictated by the conditions into which they are born. We work to break down barriers, change systems and improve outcomes for as many families as possible.
The StriveTogether team is passionate, talented and dedicated to achieving our mission. We seek and value all kinds of diversity and work hard to eliminate inequities in ourselves, our organization and our communities. Our goals are bold, so we support each other to try new things, have tough conversations and push for change. As we work, we share learning and progress, use data to make decisions and celebrate our wins.
About the position
The Vice President of Insights and Analytics will report to the Chief of Staff and serve as a trusted member and advisor to StriveTogether’s CEO and Executive Leadership Team. They will be responsible and accountable for managing the organization’s information as a critical asset to deliver organizational and network insights that improve decision making, foster innovation, and drive collective impact across the StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network and aligned field partners to advance economic mobility across the country.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the VP of Insights and Analytics will serve as a senior member of the StriveTogether team. Their early priorities will include:
- Defining a cross-functional data, insights and analytics strategy;
- Building and managing a data, insights and analytics team;
- Strengthening and managing national partnerships;
- Building the infrastructure and systems for greater transparency and accountability; and
- Providing ongoing executive and organizational leadership to ensure that data, analytics and insights are integrated and aligned with all aspects of StriveTogether’s work, including the organization’s core focus on racial equity diversity and inclusion.
Critically, this work will enable and support the effective use of data for multiple purposes, aligned to the StriveTogether Theory of ActionTM and including impact at the organizational, network and field levels. As such, this role will work closely and support all functions within the organization and across the network and field, ranging from network-facing programmatic work to policy, learning and storytelling/communications.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work with the country’s only national network of cradle-to-career partnerships and directly contribute to the result of helping every child succeed.
Develop a mission-aligned, cross-functional data, insights, and analytics strategy that is responsive to StriveTogether’s needs and drives impact and innovation from cradle to career
- Refine and further develop StriveTogether’s data, analytics and insights strategy across the Theory of Action
- Deepen StriveTogether’s unique position and contribution among its peers in the larger cradle-to-career ecosystem of partners and collaborators
- Ensure strategy drives impact across multiple stakeholders and levels, including internal/organizational, network partnerships, and the collective impact field, including place-based and national organizations, funders and policymakers
Team Development and Management
Define, build and manage the data, insights and analytics function to connect big data analytics and insights to place-based collective impact
- Build, develop and manage a team of data and technical experts (staff and/or consultants) to further StriveTogether’s insights and analytics priorities
- Oversee the design, implementation and application of day-to-day and ongoing analytics methods and techniques
- Oversee the annual assessment and evaluation processes to assess network-wide progress
Organizational and Executive Leadership
Serve as a strategic advisor and member of the senior leadership team, contributing to organizational-wide strategies and decision making
- Provide ongoing insights to the StriveTogether senior team to facilitate strategic decision making and communication about StriveTogether and our impact
- Ensure integration and alignment with all core functions through ongoing collaboration with cross-functional senior leadership to embed data and analytics into all work
The ideal candidate will bring a mix of technical and adaptive skills and experiences to this role, most importantly:
- At least 15 years of professional experience with organizational or field results in two or more of the following areas: data analytics and utilization systems, research and evaluation, continuous improvement, business analytics or management consulting
- Leadership experience and understanding in the place-based, collective impact or related fields with a preference for cradle-to-career field experience, including strong relational leadership and management skills
Additionally, we are seeking candidates who have the following competencies:
- Unwavering commitment to racial and ethnic equity
- Demonstrated actions embodying values of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to mature a department or organization’s insights, data and analytics strategy as aligned to strategic priorities and racial equity, diversity and inclusion efforts
- Experience developing partnerships with big data, research and advocacy organizations to enhance a field, sector or industry
- Clear understanding and perspective on the application of both qualitative and quantitative data for continuous improvement, communicating impact, and determining progress toward internal and external goals
- Experience with building data systems for collection, reporting, analysis and evaluation
- Ability to communicate data insights and trends to a diverse group of stakeholders ranging from senior team members, investors, peers and analysts
- Experience building data, insights and analytics strategies in inclusive, collaborative and cross-functional ways
- Strong people management and organizational leadership skills, with the ability to be conversant in both the technical and adaptive aspects of complex data systems among diverse staff and stakeholders
The Vice President of Insights and Analytics is an exempt position with a salary range of $160,000-$192,000. StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. This position may work remotely or at our Cincinnati or Chicago offices.
Applications and cover letters are due by Monday, September 19, 2022. Apply here.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.