Senior Manager of Insights and Analytics
Senior Manager of Insights and Analytics
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and in life from cradle to career, regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code or circumstance. We refuse to settle for a world where a child’s potential is dictated by the conditions into which they are born. We work to break down barriers, change systems and improve outcomes for as many families as possible.
The StriveTogether team is passionate, talented and dedicated to achieving our mission. We seek and value all kinds of diversity and work hard to eliminate inequities in ourselves, our organization and our communities. Our goals are bold, so we support each other to try new things, have tough conversations and push for change. As we work, we share learning and progress, use data to make decisions and celebrate our wins.
You’re a data lover with a strong attention to detail. You work well in a fast-paced environment and are a self-starter, with experience balancing multiple projects and prioritizing them in response to changing needs. You’re ready to learn and grow and you jump in to support your teammates. You have extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint and a working knowledge of statistical software, Alteryx, Tableau, Salesforce, ArcGIS or QGIS, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and/or survey research design. You know how to present complex information to a variety of audiences, and you enjoy coaching and supporting others in data use. You are ready to use your brilliance for serving others!
At StriveTogether, we’re dedicated to eliminating racial inequities. To be successful in this role, you must understand the challenges faced by marginalized communities — including but not limited to barriers of race, ethnicity, class, ability, immigration status, gender and their intersections.
About the position
Reporting to the Vice President of Insights and Analytics, the Senior Manager of Insights and Analytics will work with team members across departments to deliver impactful solutions and extract insights from data. The Insights and Analytics team works to conduct analyses and develop strategies that move initiatives to action, facilitate conversations around moving communities and initiatives forward, and build technological solutions that solve access and dissemination hurdles.
Internal data support
- Plan and execute data analysis and research leading to actionable insights for internal and external consumption. For typical engagements:
- Develop and present content for internal team members, investors, network partners, national education and adjacent sector leaders to highlight needs, opportunities, and progress toward social outcome goals. Functions include extracting, cleaning, maintaining quality, aggregating, and visualizing data and documenting processes
- Prepare high-impact materials, PowerPoint presentations and memos to communicate key findings
- Provide analytics support to the executive team and various departments. Engage in new, complex challenges with team members and stakeholders
- Work extensively in Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau and Alteryx and potentially in ArcGIS and SQL, if proficient
- Support with the hiring, onboarding and training of new insights and analytics staff
Network data support
- Lead a learning community with network staff members in data roles. This includes planning agendas, creating meeting materials, scheduling meetings, and identifying and working with partners or national organizations to present to the group
- Support the Cradle to Career Network in identifying key population variables and data sources to understand local community needs and progress over time
- Provide consultation and strategic assistance to partners on matters of data analytics, building their capability to use data for continuous improvement
- Develop analytical tools to support network partners and conduct analyses to support strategies on key education priorities
- 4+ years in strategy consulting, nonprofit or social impact strategic planning, and/or data analytics; public education is a plus; positions with leading management consulting firms are a good match
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a must; proficiency in Tableau, Alteryx, ArcGIS, and/or SQL is a plus, but not required
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to incorporate feedback from a team, share feedback with a team and collaborate to improve a team’s work product
- Demonstrated history of meeting deadlines while balancing competing priorities across multiple projects
- Strong data communication, report writing and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Applicants must have gone through the PK-12 years in the U.S. education system or have extensive experience working in a school district
- Insatiable desire to transform student achievement across the United States and the belief that education can be an equalizer
This is an exempt position with a salary of $66,000-$98,000. StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. This position can work remotely or be based out of our Cincinnati, Ohio, office.
Applications and cover letters are due by Friday, April 7, 2023.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.