Data Scientist / Data Architect
We are seeking a talented business intelligence lead who can contribute brilliantly to our team. You’ll be working in a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. Each member of our team is valuable and works hard. Since we’re small but growing, the most successful team members are versatile, disciplined and enjoy focusing on new challenges.
We need a strong individual to create and own our vision and tactical strategy for BI, which includes the following responsibilities: organizing various data sources into a coherent data strategy, building instrumentation services to acquire additional data from legacy applications, building BI reporting capabilities for capturing data, defining and providing metrics on business level activities and defining reports that provide data transparency for the business.
To support these and other responsibilities, we are looking for a solid developer that is statistically minded, data miner, data loving guru.
- Loves working with Big Data
- Significant mathematics/statistical analysis background
- Excellent knowledge of open source toolset for solving DW and BI problems
- Strong SQL, MySql experience
- Comfortable at a BASH prompt
- Machine learning
- Predictive analytics
- Ability to combine disparate data sets for analysis
- Data modeling
- Developing personal projects or contributing to open source projects
- Understanding of multiple programming languages
- Ability to write Restful services
- Familiarity with Unit testing, Continuous integration, etc.
- LAMP experience
Top 10 reasons why you should work for SpotXchange:
- You’d be working for one of the leading global companies in online video advertising
- We believe in a good work-life balance
- We offer great benefits including unlimited paid time off (work it out with your team first!), extended time off the week between Christmas and New Years and 401K match
- You can make a real difference — your code reaches millions of people as soon as you release it
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment — flip flops OK
- Everyone has a chance to make a difference in a fast-paced, growing company
- We have a quarterly Hackathon — you pick the projects that affect our bottom line
- Have your creativity and flexibility valued on projects for both B2B and B2C applications
- We’re a lighthearted team with serious expectations
- We play foosball to blow off steam and have company get-togethers you’ll actually want to go to
Every day, our team transforms online video advertising and solves difficult problems by employing creativity, innovation and solid technical expertise. We value individual contributions and can offer you the benefits of working for a startup (agile environment, ability to influence product decisions, open access to C-level management) while enjoying stability and benefits such as medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, etc. You’ll get a holistic view and broad experience while working in an exciting, fast-paced environment. We strive for success, but we want our team members to have a healthy work-life balance too. Please note that all applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. and all salaries will be commensurate with experience.
SpotXchange values diversity. We work hard to maintain diversity and a rewarding company culture.
Denver, CO 80020