Digital Business Analyst
Digital Business Analyst
The Digital Business Analyst is a key member of the campaign team in serving internal and external clients. The Analyst takes a leading role in building and improving public affairs campaigns across multiple channels, as well as developing new tools and insights using a wide variety of data and analytic tools, including Signal’s proprietary data platform. The Analyst will work with executives to build smart audience targeting packages, manage campaign and channel optimization, regularly produce insights to improve campaigns, and steward the growth of Signal’s data tools. We are an exciting, growing, and fun team that works with industry- leading analytics tools, techniques, and best practices. In addition, Signal has invested in building out its own custom trackers, analytics tools and analytics platforms that are suited to focused public affairs work. As Analyst, you will dive deep into our digital data and campaigns to uncover actionable insights and make recommendations that will influence our campaigns, client engagement and overall strategic direction. This position works alongside internal public affairs executives, the digital campaign managers, our data science partners and clients to deliver business results and improve our ability to increase our impact and success.
What you'll bring
- 2+ years of experience in generating and presenting insights from marketing/product data
- Strong SQL skills to perform data segmentation and aggregation from scratch; experience working with granular web clickstream data is needed.
- General experience in digital marketing and/or social media analytics (i.e. report generation, marketing campaign analysis, web analytics, AB testing, email performance, social media measurement, content testing, etc.).
- Familiarity with programming languages and stats packages (i.e. Python, R)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools Tableau, Excel, and Datawrapper.
- Excellent knowledge of web analytics (such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager) and domain expertise in subjects such as experimental design and Multivariate/A-B testing.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers and build consensus with teams.
- Undergrad Degree in a quantitative field.
How you will lead
- As a subject matter expert on marketing analytics for Paid Search, Organic Search, Display, and Social channels, develop actionable insights and recommendations to support and guide campaign decisions.
- Provide the leadership team with insights regarding marketing campaign effectiveness and develop data structures, pipelines, and data visualizations that enable them to find insights.
- Lead the growth and development of Signal’s data platforms and tools by working with our developers and data science partners in the evolution of our platform, tools and visualizations.
- Leverage data to understand our public affairs campaigns and goals in depth, proactively identify areas of opportunity, and suggest projects to improve our campaigns and client engagements.
- Work closely with our campaign and content teams to design and execute digital experiences and engagement experiments through A/B testing.
- Manage and produce reports and insights from our social monitoring platforms (i.e. Meltwater)
- Lead increased automation to scale current and future processes
- Communicate analytical findings and recommendations concisely to non-technical audiences, both in oral and written presentations
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Business Analyst” in the subject line. Please cite the source of this listing.
Equal employment opportunity is an important and integral part of Signal Group’s philosophy and policy. Signal is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, disability, age, citizen status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signal employees are at will employees.