Business Intelligence Developer with Tableau
Rosetta Stone was founded in 1992 and has grown dramatically, all the way to a successful listing on the NYSE. Our innovative language-learning solutions have made us an industry leader and are used by schools, organizations and millions of individuals in over 150 countries. With corporate headquarters in Arlington, VA, offices in Harrisonburg, VA; Boulder, CO; London, England; Munich, Germany; Seoul, Korea; and Tokyo, Japan, and over 200 retail locations across the globe, the company continues to expand horizons, giving people new voices in new languages each and every day. The high demand for our unique Rosetta Stone® language-learning solutions make the career potential for employees both exponential and extraordinary.
The BI Developer role is to support the Business Intelligence (BI) Architect’s implementation and ongoing maintenance of Rosetta Stone’s data warehousing and business intelligence solution. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices related to the design, development, and deployment of business intelligence solutions. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with expert level SQL and PL/SQL experience who is looking for a challenging, fast paced work environment. The candidate should also be familiar with data warehousing best practices, SQL tuning and warehouse tuning. Experience with a prior business intelligence tools is required, Tableau experience is a plus.
Primary responsibilities are to perform data analysis, data profiling, SQL coding, query tuning, PL/SQL coding, data modeling, and data validation.
Other responsibilities are to develop front-end metadata for the BI tool - Tableau, creating new reports, modifying existing reports, and perform trouble shooting steps. Also, to create, maintain, and manage documentation for all data warehouse and reporting development efforts.
Job Profile Summary
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle Database(11g preferred).
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau desktop and server solutions.
- Must be very strong in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in database design methodologies and dimensional modeling.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP Applications and underlying database tables a plus (version R12)
- Experience in physical and logical data modeling, establishing data architecture frameworks, and meta-data management.
- Knowledge of extract, transform and load (ETL) development (Informatica is preferred) from various business data repositories (Oracle, SQL Server MySQL, Essbase, etc).
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills including a high proficiency in PL/SQL optimization, database indexing, and database partitioning.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple priorities with strict deliverable dates.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Team-player with superior interpersonal skills who can work closely with both technical development teams and end business users.
- MS Office tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Visio).
Arlington, VA 22209