Managing Director, Analytics & Development Operations
Robin Hood Foundation
About Robin Hood
Founded in 1988, Robin Hood finds, fuels, and creates the most impactful and scalable solutions lifting families out of poverty in New York City. The largest poverty fighting organization in New York City, Robin Hood partners with top non-profits in New York City and invests in legal services, housing, meals, workforce development training, education programs, and other vital services that gives New Yorkers in need the tools they need to build better lives. The programs it funds are often the first of their kind and serve as demonstration models to identify what works before being replicated in other cities. Because its Board of Directors covers 100% of all administrative, fundraising, and evaluation costs, every dollar donated goes directly to organizations helping New Yorkers in need.
While Robin Hood’s primary focus is on New York, its impact extends far beyond the borders of the city. Its pioneering, metrics-based approach has become the gold standard for charities around the nation as Robin Hood works to understand and evaluate the impact of its partners to ensure that its philanthropic dollars are utilized to maximum impact. Robin Hood also supports its community partners and their leaders with financial and strategic support and management assistance that allows those organizations to maximize their impact.
Building on our 30 years of experience, Robin Hood is expanding our impact with an explicit focus on lifting families sustainably and measurably out of poverty through supporting the most effective community partners; influencing public policy; raising our thought leadership profile; importing and exporting effective ideas and strategies nationally; and building new collaborations with strategic partners. As New York City emerges from the worst of the global pandemic, we are focused on getting families back on their feet; getting kids back on track; and getting New Yorkers back to work.
Robin Hood also understands that if we are to support families living in poverty find permanent pathways out of poverty and towards financial independence, we must become an effective partner with government, especially at the City and State levels. We do this by leveraging the expertise of those who are closest to the challenges of poverty, including community members, community-based organizations, and others with specialized skills and knowledge. We also aim to collaborate with New York City government to fund program and policy innovations that hold the promise of expanding economic opportunity in New York City – providing nimble “risk capital” for high-potential strategies. In this way, we seek to leverage our philanthropic investments by finding ways to advance the highest-impact strategies at scale.
Given its long-standing reputation among influencers and support of over 200 New York City non-profit organizations, Robin Hood has the unique ability to be a catalyzing force for the poor, bringing distinct constituencies together to develop and spread the most effective strategies to advance economic mobility in New York City and beyond.
The Managing Director, Analytics & Development Operations (DevOps) drives fundraising strategy through proactive data analysis and provides strategic guidance on leveraging technology and analytics to support fundraising efforts and constituent engagement. The Managing Director manages a Director, Development Operations with team of three responsible for donor data management and systems and technology solutions to ensure an efficient and positive donation experience, as well as a Research team of two responsible for prospect and donor research. This role will be a critical partner to the Events & Marketing teams, including oversight of Robin Hood’s use of technology-enabled platforms for in-person and virtual events and digital fundraising campaigns. This role reports directly to the Chief Development Officer of the Development, Marketing and Events (DME) team.
- In partnership with CDO, Finance, and Development Committee, lead the process to identify annual revenue goal, conducting top down and bottoms up analysis
- Expand proactive analysis to drive strategy for specific campaigns, events, initiatives
- In partnership with MD, Individual Giving & Engagement, oversee solicitor donor pools and moves management
- Oversee production of KPI dashboards for development officers, providing details on revenue, donors, appeal response rate, ROI
- Provide development units with strategic support related to annual giving/direct response, focused on data-driven approaches, regulations regarding mass solicitations, and online giving best practices.
- Scale “personalized” attention while building out automated touchpoints for Robin Hood’s email-based campaigns
- With appropriate DevOps leads, partner with IT, Communications, Finance, and all relevant departments to help streamline applications and keep process, outputs, and systems consistent and maximized across the organization
Technology Solutions: Events & Marketing
- Oversee DevOps partnership with Events to create excellent user experience – from ticketing platforms, livestream platforms, pledging technology -- for both in-person and virtual events
- Ensure strong event donor pipeline: into (invite lists and outreach), through (registration, processing, pledging) and out (gift entry, acknowledgement), attendee cultivation/stewardship
- Create strategies and manage segmentation to support small dollar marketing efforts
General & Team Management
- Manage the Director, Development Operations in support of all donor data management and systems and technology solutions to ensure an efficient and positive donation experience
- Manage Research team responsible for identifying prospects and targets for fundraisers
- Be a leader on the DME team. Serve as a partner to colleagues within DME and across Robin Hood in support of organization-wide priorities and help foster an environment where teamwork, collaboration, inclusion, passion for mission, and dedication are expected and valued
- Be an ambassador for Robin Hood wherever you go and become an expert on Robin Hood’s mission, community partners, strategic direction, and poverty in New York City
- 10+ years of related professional work experience
- Expertise with Salesforce or related CRM and technology-enabled databases
- Exceptional analytical skills. Ability to partner and build consensus within DME and the across the organization
- Operates with high level of personal responsibility and has a very high bar for work product.
- Unwavering attention to details and a commitment to data accuracy.
- Able to handle sensitive information with a high level of discretion.
- Comfortable in both a behind-the-scenes development role and external-facing role with exposure to high-profile donors and community partner executives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Robin Hood is committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and representation in all aspects of its work. As New York City’s largest poverty-fighting organization, Robin Hood believes that building a diverse team is fundamental to its ability to effectively serve and strengthen organizations serving the most vulnerable communities in the city, and to influence the policies that affect them.
Robin Hood believes in the potential that diversity creates – deep and responsive relationships with its community partners; the ability to solve complex problems efficiently and effectively; and, most importantly, the ability of its diverse staff to work to its full capacity.
Robin Hood builds diversity, inclusion, and equity practices into all aspects of its work. Its practices, values, traditions, and beliefs are embedded in the inclusive culture that it creates. Operationally, its formal and informal structures support a work environment that advances the professional development of staff at all levels, allows for innovation, and grounds its work as poverty fighters.
In its workplace, diversity equals representation. Robin Hood seeks to attract and retain a staff that reflects the communities that it serves. Racial and ethnic diversity matter to it, as does diversity among other cultural identifiers (ability, educational background, generation, gender, gender expression religion, immigration status, military status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status).
Diversity within Robin Hood's staff is enhanced by its efforts at meaningful inclusion. It ensures that team members are empowered to make decisions, offer actionable feedback, and share credit for team success. Further, Robin Hood seeks to develop its talent professionally and has created an intentional focus on mentorship and sponsorship, particularly of junior staff. its goal is to encourage long term talent retention and engagement, while fostering a culture of innovation.
Robin Hood Guiding Principles
As an organization committed to economic mobility, our work is grounded in the following Guiding Principles:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proximity and humanity
- Risk-taking and innovation
Our professional community reflects myriad demographic characteristics, perspectives, and backgrounds, which includes various identities that reflect diversity in gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability, and socioeconomic status. Our colleagues have access to opportunity and advancement, as we promote fair and equitable treatment and have encouraged participation by underrepresented groups. As a team, we promote a sense of belonging, high levels of engagement, and shared respect.
- Robin Hood puts people first. Always.
- Robin Hood is unafraid to take action and create solutions.
- Robin Hood is data driven and heart led.
- Robin Hood works the coat check.
Salary and Benefits
Robin Hood offers a highly competitive and comprehensive salary and package of employee benefits and encourages strong work-life balance. This position is located in New York City.
Please visit our website to complete our online application.
Robin Hood is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that Robin Hood Foundation has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Robin Hood employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.