Data Analyst II
Resurgent Capital Services
The individual selected for this position will manage a suite of reports designed to support Default Operations in our Houston, TX office. This individual will interact with both technical and non-technical business customers to support the reporting needs of the business.
- Manages daily, weekly, month-end and ad hoc reporting processes
- Produces reports at scheduled intervals and distributing to business customers.
- Subject matter expert of production reporting, answering questions for both the business customers and IT staff regarding both processes and data.
- Develops a high degree of familiarity with a limited number of data warehouse tables
- Creates intermediate level queries, relating a limited number of tables through multiple joins, in SQL to answer business questions with limited assistance.
- Will present data to internal clients in a variety of formats (i.e. Reporting Services reports, Excel pivot tables, SQL Server sandboxes, etc.)
- Identifies enhancements to reporting management applications
- Work with IT and the internal clients to define specifications for new reports
- Performs user acceptance testing on new reports in order to provide feedback to the Default Support team, internal clients and/or IT staff on any discrepancies
- Creates new ad hoc reports by translating business customer needs into a data request
- Develops familiarity with data warehouse structure, field definitions, and data cubes
- Minimum of 2+ years of related work experience is required
- Must have experience using programming languages, SQL experience a plus
- Must have knowledge of relational database structures required
- Must have advanced skills in Excel (charts, formulas, macros) required
- Detail orientated coupled with organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure/deadlines, and works well individually or within a team environment
- Must be able to adapt to flexible changing priorities, project scopes, and/or deadlines.
- Strong business communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required (quantitative field preferred)