Backend Data Engineer
About the company:
Is a rapidly growing fintech startup backed by some of the largest investors in Silicon Valley. They are building a financial data and analytics platform for investors to research stocks and other asset classes through dashboards and charts to understand market trends. Superior functionality combined with a delightful user experience explains why the number of users on the company has tripled over the past four months and our daily users spend more than two hours per day on our browser-based platform.
ðŸ‘¤ Backend Data Engineer
ðŸŒ This is 100% remote for engineers anywhere between UTC-8(San Francisco) - UTC-3 (Buenos Aires)
- You will be a founding Data Engineer who will have an important role in building and scaling the company's platform from thousands to millions of users.
- You will be working directly with the Head of Engineering architecting and developing horizontally scalable distributed systems in a production environment.
- Must be located anywhere between UTC-8(San Francisco) - UTC-3 (Buenos Aires)
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- Experience working with Java
- Experience developing and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Experience with Apache Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch/MongoDB, and SQL
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Collaborative, humble & a problem solver
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with Google Cloud and Azure
- Experience working as DevOps/DataOps
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary: $60,000-$120,000/year
- Work in the comfort of your home. This is 100% remote!
- Incredible learning opportunities!
- You will be working with a fantastic team who are genuinely a pleasure to work with.
If you're interested kindly send us your most updated CV or LinkedIn at email@example.com with the subject "Application for Backend Data Engineer - DataJobs"
If this is not a suitable position for you, at Remotesome we work with more than 30+ companies every month with multiple open job positions. You can register at Remotesome to become exposed to multiple opportunities out there.