Vice President, Business Intelligence
Growing exponentially, RealPage continues to lead the pack in our industry. Our products and services aid property management companies in managing their day to day business through software products and several ancillary services.
We are seeking a Vice President and Product Leader to join our Business Intelligence Product Team. You will lay the product roadmap for Business Intelligence which includes scheduling, resource management, platform definition, software development, testing, internal and end-user training, and supporting documentation. You will be the leader for the innovative RealPage Business Intelligence offerings.
- Ensure product requirements and specifications are fully documented according to RealPage standards
- Assist in preparing monthly Product Management Committee documentation
- Work with executive management, product managers, development partners, and other departments to prepare and communicate product release plans
- Participate with development partners, vendors, customers, business analysts, and developers in defining product requirements and specifications
- Consult with management to analyze potential projects, determine the scope and priorities of projects, and resolve issues that arise with customers
- Function as subject-matter expert for internal and external clients
- Manage tasks and projects to schedule and budget
- Manage development and implementation of technical and functional strategies within group
- Contribute to and communicate objectives and goals of the team
- Identify and direct process improvement activities
- Lead team members in technical analysis to translate requirements into software design
- Ensure unit test cases are generated and executed
- Work with other groups to develop technical and user documentation
- Support the Quality Assurance and other internet project groups during alpha and beta testing
- Adhere to published SAS 70 control objectives
- Bachelors degree required; equivalent experience equal to 6 years software development may be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 4 years experience developing commercial on-demand software solutions
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership role within a software development company
- Direct experience in scheduling and managing software development projects and the software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with employees, customers, other departments, and upper management
- Excellent skills preparing and delivering presentations, with proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external management
- Excellent critical-thinking skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Proven ability to collaborate with and drive cross-functional, interdepartmental teams and technical resources from multiple areas of the company to meet goals.
- Strong project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in presenting product features, benefits, key selling points, and differentiators to audiences of all levels highly desired
- Adaptability to change direction and re-prioritize quickly
- Experience with Cognos, SQL, and Data Warehousing is a plus.
- A strong, visible leader who inspires loyalty, engenders trust, and attracts talent.
- One who can energize people and teams, and trigger cross-functional collaboration.
- Charismatic – ability to energize and influence diverse audiences of partners, prospects, customers, and employees.
- Decisive – ability to execute on a vision and strategy without engaging in extensive meetings and analysis. The ability to make the tough decisions when necessary.
- Crisp Communicator – Ability to distill complex issues in a succinct fashion is critical.
Carrollton, TX 75007