Senior DBA / MongoDB SME
Rakuten Loyalty is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston. We are the inventors of the world’s most innovative rewards acceleration platform – servicing the largest loyalty programs around the world. We develop technology that gives loyalty program members the opportunity to earn rewards for their every day online activity – opening up explosive new revenue opportunities for our clients – and giving their members the opportunity to earn the rewards they love anywhere, anytime. Selected by Forbes as the 7th most Innovative Company in the world – Rakuten is focused on rapidly expanding its services to new markets around the globe – Rakuten Loyalty is at the forefront of this effort. Rakuten Loyalty received numerous awards last year – including Best Places to Work, the Best and Brightest Award for our Employees and the Most Innovative Small Company of the Year – as well as having our CEO win the distinguished Innovative All Star award given by the Boston Business Journal and Mass High Tech. We have created a wonderful environment that supports free thought, open communication, the celebration of innovation, and a dedication to moving quickly. Entrepreneurialism is in our blood – and we expect everyone who joins our team to exhibit an attitude that says that no mountain is too high, no problem unsolvable – because with great ambition, ideas, and technology – anything is possible.
As a Senior DBA / MongoDB SME, you will be responsible for working closely with the development team to design, build and support our data storage and reporting systems. You have a passion for big data and databases, and bring your relational and non-relational (NoSQL) expertise to us to help us build revolutionary products and services for our global partnerships. As a key member of the Operations team, you will get the opportunity to mentor junior development staff and work in-depth with cutting-edge technologies.
- BSc degree in Computer
- 5-10 years of experience managing large-scale, geographically-distributed database systems, including relational (MySQL, Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) systems.
- 1-3 years of experience with MongoDB scaling across data centers and/or in-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding.
- 5-10 years of experience with scripting and automation, using common database scripting languages and libraries (SQL, Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Demonstrable experience working within Solaris, OpenSolaris, SmartOS and linux
- Experience deploying solutions within the Joyent public cloud.
- Understanding of statistical analysis using R or SAS
- Experience working within a global firm.
Boston, MA 02110