Founded in 2007, Quanterix is developing an ultra-sensitive diagnostic platform capable of measuring individual proteins at concentrations 1000 times lower than the best immunoassays available today. The Single Molecule Array (Simoa™) technology at the heart of the platform enables the detection and quantification of biomarkers previously difficult or impossible to measure, opening up new applications to address significant unmet needs in life science research, in-vitro diagnostics, companion diagnostics, blood screening, and more. Quanterix is a venture capital backed company and the exclusive licensee of a broad intellectual property portfolio initially developed at Tufts University by Dr. David Walt, scientific founder of Quanterix and Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN).
Are you currently utilizing your scientific programming and image analysis skills to develop ground breaking scientific tools with the latest technology?
We are a start-up on a fast trajectory to disrupt the diagnostics market with a single molecule sensitive instrument. Come join a diverse, dynamic and highly experienced group of scientists and engineers who are dedicated to excellence and successful launch a commercial platform. Here is what we are we looking for…
- Design and implement a data warehousing solution to collect and organize vast amount of data generated by company’s biological analyzers.
- Create a web-based data mining platform to enable data analytics and reporting that will drive business and engineering decisions.
- Prioritize, design, plan, implement, and own features centered on data analysis.
- Work with internal and external customers on improving current features.
- Solve challenging problems in algorithms, scalability, performance, and API design.
- Peer review of code, development processes, and system architectures.
Required Skills & Experience
- Flexible, curiosity-driven, self-starting developer with excellent cross-disciplinary teamwork and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SQL, SQL Server and data warehousing techniques.
- Experience working with very large data sets.
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following languages: C#, Java, C++, C.
- Knowledge of a web-development platform for rapid deployment of data-centric applications.
- Experience designing and developing algorithms to efficiently process terabytes of data.
- Familiarity with development tools: version control, bug tracking, Visual Studio, ReSharper, NUnit.
- Fundamental software concepts: the software development life cycle; concurrent programming; object-oriented programming; functional programming; database storage; data structures; server/client model; MVC in UI.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related Engineering discipline.
- Years of experience? We are looking for excellence. If you have previously released commercial software, we would like to talk to you.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Computer science, math or biochemistry background is a big plus.
- Scientific computing, machine learning
- Data analytics, statistics and probability
- Experience with C, C++, and LINQ or asynchronous methods in .NET 4.5 and ImageJ experience.
- Familiarity with dependency injection, test-driven development, object-relational mapping, mocking, or continuous integration.
Lexington, MA 02421