Sr. Market Research Data Analyst
Propane Education and Research Council
If making a difference in the world for both today and tomorrow fuels your personal career goals, then read on…
The first energy council of its kind, the PROPANE EDUCATION & RESEARCH COUNCIL (PERC) works with the propane industry, consumers, and partner industries to increase the adoption of propane as a clean, domestic, and affordable energy source.
PERC has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Market Research Analyst. This exempt position reports to the Vice President of Administration and Finance and we’re looking for the ideal candidate to be based out of the Richmond, VA metro area.
This position is for an expert seeking an opportunity to lead a data-driven culture in the energy sector and is responsible for developing data strategies and performing data-driven market research analyses to support PERC’s business development and market outreach programs. This position works closely in collaborating with and managing our data agency partners in connecting deliverables to concise business goals and outputs.
Experience and Requirements:
- Five to seven years of directly related experience. Energy sector experience preferred.
- Knowledge of market research techniques and tools including government energy data resources (i.e., EIA.gov), open government energy related APIs, and advanced methodologies for engineering multiple data resources to produce new market intelligence insights
- Ability to collect and analyze marketing feedback and perception data through tools such as online surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires; includes knowledge of crafting methodologies for proprietary and secondary market research across categories including agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, and other sectors where propane plays a vital role in business continuity.
- Perform market and product research, analysis of national industry trends, collection of annual gallon sales, interpretation of consumer perceptions, and analysis of competition.
- Manage the Annual Propane Retail Sales Report from the data collection phase until the final deliverable, facilitates delivery of sales report content with agency partner(s) into digital publishing format for PERC’s website and various online audience usages.
- Collaborates with Sr. Contracts Manager and Counsel to negotiate contracts with research and data management vendors, including managing the formal proposal process from establishing clear objectives, audiences, desired outcomes and reporting back to the business and Council.
- Prepare reports on findings.
- Collaborate with Director of Strategic Operations to acquire and utilize data for industry and market analyses.
- Maintain a good understanding of the propane industry and stay current on trends and news within the industry
- Provide data stewardship by ensuring that data and metadata are properly updated.
- Identify and execute data collection, cataloguing and tagging, as well as collect data to support the Council’s measurement and evaluation activities.
- Provide input and data to support decisions about developing new uses for propane through technology development and commercialization of new propane-powered products.
- Develop, manage, and execute market research projects designed to deliver insights and recommendations to support strategic and tactical decision-making
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret research documents/white papers and market intelligence databases. Ability to write routine reports and creative presentations. Ability to speak effectively before C-suite executives as well as external audiences
- Presentation Skills: Proficiency with PowerPoint presentations; and presenting business insights in a clear, attractive, and concise manner.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency in Tableau, SQL, R, SPSS, Alteryx, and Excel required. Python experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in the following platforms: Tableau, data.world or comparable data catalog, Snowflake.
- Bachelor’s degree (at a minimum) in Business and/or Data Analysis, MBA preferred. Other nanodegrees in predictive analytics, the application of machine learning (ML), Python or other data manipulation tools are beneficial.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), and Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Office work environment: virtual, plus mandatory in-person company meetings.
- Travel: Minimal travel may be required (up to 15%).
PERC offers excellent benefits including: competitive salary, two weeks of vacation, 401(k) retirement plan, healthcare (including prescription, eye care, and dental), LTD, and life insurance policies.
For confidential consideration, please send resume, cover letter, and references by email to Theresa Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered.
The Propane Education & Research Council is an equal opportunity employer.